ear fullness and off balance feeling

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

ear fullness and off balance feeling

Postby susie girl » Mon May 23, 2005 5:23 pm

hello everyone! I was just wondering if anyone is having problems with ear fullness and sinus congestion. I feel very off balance when my ear is bothering me, almost like I am on a rocking boat or the feeling you get when going up and down on an elevator. I am 37 years old and have most of the symptoms of perimenopause. My mother and grandmother went through menopause at age 40. I also have alot of anxiety and symptoms of ocd and was wondering if anyone else has ocd as a symptom of menopause. I also feel as if I am losing my mind and am very forgertful. Try opening your front door with your remote car door opener!
susie girl

Postby Hopefully » Mon May 23, 2005 7:26 pm

I started dealing with ocd in my late 30's probably around the same time that I started having peri symptoms. I never related ocd with perimenopause. I just thought the anxiety and panic attacks triggered the ocd. Prior to all of this I did not have ocd.
Hopefully
Combustible

ocd and perimenopause

Postby susie girl » Mon May 23, 2005 9:26 pm

I really believe perimenopause and fluctuating hormones triggered my ocd and anxiety. I suffered from anxiety and ocd around the time my hormones were changing as a teenager and then it went away until last year when I was having symptoms of perimenopause. I have more of the obsessive type of ocd and it causes me alot of anxiety.I am hoping it goes away as quickly as it came.
susie girl

Re: ocd and perimenopause

Postby Guest » Mon May 23, 2005 10:14 pm

susie girl wrote:I really believe perimenopause and fluctuating hormones triggered my ocd and anxiety. I suffered from anxiety and ocd around the time my hormones were changing as a teenager and then it went away until last year when I was having symptoms of perimenopause. I have more of the obsessive type of ocd and it causes me alot of anxiety.I am hoping it goes away as quickly as it came.

I did not have ocd as a teen it all appeared around the age of 36. This was around the time I started having irregular periods, swollen ankles, IBS flare up....I could go on and on.

Postby Zero » Tue May 24, 2005 6:54 am

Once again, because of someone's post, I looked further into something (ocd and menopause) and found some interesting information. In another post, I spoke too soon (think I'll go delete that one:))

Here's what I found:

Obsessive-compulsive disorder in women linked to reproductive history
In many women, the onset of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) coincides with pivotal events in their reproductive history. New research also found that, in more than one in five women, OCD began in the same year as their menstruation.

The study, conducted at the Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Clinical and Research Unit within the Department of Psychiatry, Bellvitge University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain, also revealed distinct changes in the severity of symptoms of OCD that were related to reproductive cycle events.

Read the rest of the article here: http://www.cnsforum.com/cnsnewsitem/6d4 ... 2d51295df/
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause