Tummy troubles

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Tummy troubles

Postby Leathergirl » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:16 am

:( Hello everyone. This is my first post. I understand that some stomach problems are normal? I have had touchy tummy for about 3 years now. Gas, indigestion, uneasy, heartburn, etc. Doc has no other reason for it than gastritis or menopause as the culprit.
Anyone else have this set of sympoms? (not that they are my only ones!)
Been almost 2 years since my last period. I am 46.
Leathergirl

Postby Zero » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:37 am

Hi Leathergirl....welcome to the club! :) I'm glad you've been talking with your doctor about the problems you're having, but it always worries me when they say "oh it's just menopause".... is he giving you any suggestions on how to ease the problem? Many times it's a matter of changing how we eat...have you done anything in that regard?

I also had early menopause when my periods just stopped at 41...I'm almost 56 now. How do your "other symptoms" affect you?

Maybe some of the women on the board will chime in with their experience with #20 on the symptoms list http://www.minniepauz.com/35symptoms.html

Hang in there and thanks again for joining us!
Zero

Re: Tummy troubles

Postby moe » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:23 pm

Leathergirl wrote::( Hello everyone. This is my first post. I understand that some stomach problems are normal? I have had touchy tummy for about 3 years now. Gas, indigestion, uneasy, heartburn, etc. Doc has no other reason for it than gastritis or menopause as the culprit.
Anyone else have this set of sympoms? (not that they are my only ones!)
Been almost 2 years since my last period. I am 46.

Hi Leathergirl,
I have also been experiencing tummy troubles. Gas and just a tender tummy. I find mine is directly related to what I eat. I am on a low fat diet because of high cholesterol and I find if I cheat and eat foods high in fat, I really pay for it. Also some high glycemic carbs, like pasta and white bread can hurt my stomach.

Moe
moe
On Fire!

tummy troubles

Postby purple haze » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:59 pm

Hi, I'm new too. I've have trouble with heart burn. I find it comes from certain foods, anxiety or just bending over and lifting. What a pain. Hope you feel better soon. crittermom
purple is my color,
a hippie mama to a hippie mama
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

Postby parts2you » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:43 am

i have always had stomach problems but they definately are worse the last year or so...i am 49,and getting irregular periods for about the last six months......i get more hearburn than ever, and i have never in my life belched,till now!!! lots!! before i realized menopause might have something to do with it, i went to the doc for the heartburn, and its been treated off and on with meds. havent used any for a couple months now, but it seems to come and go. when it comes, its bad for weeks.

this site is the ONLY place that addresses some of the WIERD symptoms ive had,that most docs say have nothing to do with menopause. and they seem to come and go. i am convinced otherwise.

i am currently having alot of muscle aches, my one upper arm kills me most of the time.

i also have this wierd thing going on of a "soreness" of my skin in certain spots at different times. no redness no rash, just a soreness that is hard to explain. when fabric rubs against the spot it hurts more. this past weekend it was on the top of my foot!! and still is alittle sore. has anyone else experienced this????
parts2you
One HOT Woman!

Postby purple haze » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:29 pm

:D Hi, I've had the soreness, too. I get iton my arms, the skin becomes sensitive to anything touching it. I've also had a sesitieat my ankles where the socks touch - weird.

How's this for a weird symptom--a rash that only
comes when its summer time
and only appears on a large birth mark on my right upper arm. Any one else have the hair fall out symptom? Mine was long and I had to cut it off to get it healthy again..Does keep me cooler though.
Edlyn (Cats sleeping right in front of the keyboard _ reason for typing mistakes)
purple is my color,
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

tummy troubles

Postby moe » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:59 pm

Hi crittermom,

I had the hair falling out thing for about 2 years. I have tons of thick, curly hair so it wasn't noticeable at all but was driving me crazy. I didn't relate it to menopause, just didn't even think about it.
I started to take some vitamin supplements for my menopause symptoms and low and behold, my hair stopped falling out. I don't know which one of the supplements is helping but one of them works.

Take care
Moe
moe
On Fire!

Postby purple haze » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:30 pm

My hair is thin and straight. There's alot of it though. I'd tried the vitamin thing and it worked for awhile, then didn't. So I just got it cut. It's coming in healthier now. Probably will leave it short - I hate the growing out period.

Moe, thick and curly hair, sounds nice.

x Edlyn
purple is my color,
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause