Static electricity and menopause.

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Postby DayDreamer » Tue May 31, 2005 5:59 pm

Anybody else experience static electric shocks off everything when they have a bad week of meno symptoms? :shock:

I have noticed that when brain fog creeps in and the old knees play up and my mouth feels it belongs to someone else I feel I could light a neon display all by myself :!: :!: What's that all about :?

Also, has anyone else experienced (at these times) that the skin on their fingers (palm side) discolours and goes greyish under gold rings? :roll:

Sounds weird I know but hey this IS a meno forum :!:

Thank goodness we have somewhere like this to ask.

PS I am 52 and stopped my periods 3 years ago just in time to stop the need for hysterectomy due to fibroids. :D
KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!!!:)

Born 1953/fibroids/Post menopause since 2002
DayDreamer
One HOT Woman!

Postby SUZYQ » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:22 pm

DayDreamer:

Everytime I vaccum the rug, I get alot of shocks in the handle, but that could just be due to static between the rug and the cleaner.

As far as discolored rings, YES, I also experience that right about a week before I am supposed to start! Whenever that is cause I never know anymore. I know about when I am going to start because I get that exact thing with the "black" on the inside of the finger around the rings and my pinkey finger next to my ring finger. I go wash my hands and it comes off. I am not a Doctor, but I was once told (by a friend) that was alot of acid in your system. I tried to look it up on the internet, but never really found anything on it. My friends were trying to tell me I had cheap jewlery!! :P NOT!!

Anyways, I don't know if that helps, but I can relate to the rings.
GOD Bless!
Keep your chin up!!
SUZY Q
SUZYQ
Hot Pauzer

Postby DayDreamer » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:13 pm

Thanks SuzyQ. It's so nice to find at least one besides me has this strange hormonal phenomena :roll: The "black" under my rings also washes off easily only to reappear hours later.

LOL Tell your friends if it was cheap jewelry it would happen all the while not just at "inbalance times" :!: :!:

My static shocks only happen at the same time. I get them from car doors, people, light switches primarily; only to disappear again when my ring fingers stop going black :shock:

Never mind. I'm just content I've found a fellow sufferer. Thanks again.
KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!!!:)

Born 1953/fibroids/Post menopause since 2002
DayDreamer
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause