Should I go off the pill?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Should I go off the pill?

Postby JustJoan59 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:41 pm

I am 46 and am starting to experience more and more of the menopausal symptoms listed in the "35 symptoms" section. I went back on the pill after my 2nd child because of an irregular cycle, but now I'm noticing that I continue to have bleedover for up to 5 days after I've started to take a new pack of pills. My periods have been really heavy, too. I'm starting to wonder whether it would be easier to go off the pill at this point, or will things actually be worse when I do? I could use some guidance from from you fellow pausers out there! :) BTW, birth control not a factor, hubby is "fixed".
JustJoan59

"Courage is being scared but saddling up anyway." John Wayne
JustJoan59

Postby Sharon2 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:57 am

Hi Joan, IMHO I would go off the pill for awhile since you are not using it for birth control and see what happens. I would give my body time to adjust for 3 months say. Also even if going off the pill does not help you may want to talk with your Dr and see if something else would not be better to try. After you have been off for awhile I would have my hormone levels checked. BTW have you asked Dr Judy about this she may have some good advice. This is just what I would try if I were you.
Good Luck and hope things get worked out soon.
Sharon2
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause