Off site support groups?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Off site support groups?

Postby kdo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:54 pm

I'm going bonkers. How will I ever get through this? Everything pisses me off, my memory is totally fried, I've been in therapy, a 12 step group, Jeezus, I'm depressed, the dryness is really painful. Yikes!!!!!!!!!! So where are the offline support groups? Any in Illinois or southern WI??????
kdo

Postby minniepauz » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:18 pm

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time of it........we try to help each other out here on the board just by listening and understanding what you're going through. We don't have any organized offline groups yet, but you could always start one if you know of other women in your area. Or you could look up menopause clinics and ask them if they have meetings or seminars you could attend. We just have to find as many resources as possible and sometimes it's not easy!

Try to deal with each problem individually instead of everything at once. If you find something that helps with the mood swings then some of the other symptoms may not be so bad. Are you seeing a doctor? Maybe some hormone replacement might be what you need.

There are over the counter products for vaginal dryness, so you might want to give that a try. Mainly, we all need to keep our sense of humor, which is what Minnie Pauz is all about, but we understand that it's not always a laughing matter. You might want to post any medical questions to Dr. Judy under the Ask the Professionals section.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause