the Chillow

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

the Chillow

Postby februarygirl » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:22 am

Just wanted to let you ladies that I tried the Chillow (pillow). I love it!!!! If you were thinking of purchase - go ahead!! It really keeps you cool at night, instead of tossing the pillow one hundred times a night to find the "cool" spot, chillow does that for you!

I am not a paid endorser lol - just a hot flasher that wanted to be cooler at night! LOL

Have a good day!

Nancy :D
februarygirl
On Fire!

Postby Zero » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:16 am

That's great, februarygirl....don't worry about endorsing something that could help everyone stay cooler! :) I DO get a small commission when anyone buys it through me, but I only promote things that I know will be helpful. I found the Chillow about 4 years ago and couldn't wait to tell everyone about it. You can get the link here: http://www.minniepauz.com/problemsolvers.html

Hey, hubbies like it too and it's good for anyone who has trouble keeping their body temperature down.
Zero

Chillows - any way to make them more comfortable?

Postby alstephenson » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:14 pm

Hi! I've owned a Chillow for a few months - it definitely keeps me cooler (especially the top of my head), but I don't find it to be very comfortable. It's kind of like laying your head on one of those airless pool floaties - kind of flat and stiff. Does anyone have any advice on how to make them a little more comfortable? I place mine inside the pillow case on top of the pillow. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
alstephenson

Postby kate » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:23 pm

:oops: Hello, all.
I posted on another thread about the chillow, my poor chillow gets a work-out every night! Be sure to have a pillowcase between you and the plastic, mine came off one night and I ended up with a blistery rash, just a reaction, but I'm not a rashy type person, so I guess it could happen to anyone!
Glad I found this site, between night sweats, hot flashs, looking for a new job, the end of summer here in Rhode Island, the election, and my husband really thinking the bedroom window will be shut this winter, I'm a weepy mess!!! :shock:
kate

Postby Zero » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:33 am

Wow, Kate....I'm not surprised if you haven't been back here since Nov. after not getting a response to your post! :cry: I'm sorry....sometimes they just slip by!

Just wondering how you're doing!
Zero

Better thank you!

Postby kate » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:56 pm

Can't do anything about the election, windows stay open or I go into another room, decided the hell with another job right now, bought a condo on a lake if FL so I can just continue with summer when I need it, and my trusty chillow is always available, oh, and going back to Alaska in JUne, just to be positive there is no $ left when I head on to the next life!!

Thanks for asking!

Kate
kate

Postby Zero » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:34 am

hahahah Kate....you certainly sound like a woman with a plan! :) I really envy you moving to Alaska......one of the FEW places I HAVEN'T lived in my 56 years...oh my, i'm only 3 months away from 57!! WOW!!!

I'm glad to hear that your chillow is holding up. I noticed in their pictures that they seemed to have redesigned it and it seems to not let the pillowcase slide off anymore. :) Guess ours is the 'grandmother' of the new breed of Chillows!!

Ladies....for a simple way to reduce your hot flashes and nightsweats while sleeping, be sure to check it out:
http://www.minniepauz.com/problemsolvers.html

Also take a look at the nightwear by Haralee....this material "wicks" the moisture from your body and then drys almost immediately, so you don't have to get up and change clothes during the night!!
Zero

Postby mfrompa » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:12 pm

8) [b]shhhh now don't laugh, I have ocasional nightsweats about one a week, but, my problem, is boob and belly sweats, my belly is a hangover kind, and well...so are the boobs, they get so hot under there that I could fry an egg, and it is like that all the time, okay now no wise acres here refrigerator jokes are okay, ice cubes are too cold...and etc etc.....wonder if that chill pillow could be made skinnier and into a strip of some sort to keep me cool there?...shhhh now don't tell anyone about this...you are all sworn to secrecy...
pauz-pinky-swear?
:wink: Okay come on make me laugh....please...but, I really am serious here. And, by the way, which type is better for posting, this kind? or or this kind? cause I have my puter set for handicapped people whose eyesight is failing I can't tell what you girls are seeing...thanks
Does anybody not like being called girls at our age? Well, I guess we as contemporaries can...huh? But, I really dislike it when a 30 something young man refers to me as a girl...hummpf...disrespectful...mam will suffice!...I don't know am I too old fashioned? Maybe I should reask this at the kitchen table.
Okay,
somebody talk to me. thanks
marcia
mfrompa
Combustible

Postby Zero » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:16 pm

I've been waiting for you in the chat, Girl!!!
Zero

Postby kate » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:01 pm

:lol: the boobs and beely thing is sooo true!! I told my husband that I wanted a breast reduction since I just keep getting shorter, they keep getting bigger and soon I'm going to be just boobs on short legs! Between menepause, and stopping smoking almost 2 years ago, and drinking too much wine I'm just getting rounder and rounder!

Kate
kate

Postby scottie » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:05 pm

No, Marcia, I don't mind being called girl by my peers. What does get me is when my husband and I are out to dinner and the server calls us "you guys". "Are you guys ready to order?" :roll:

scottie
scottie

Postby mfrompa » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:32 pm

:lol: Okay you did it...hahahah....now between picturing boobs on legs...and an ironic "you guys" I am laughing..
thanks...
say...you girls..like talking a lot how about a chat room time..? I am going to be around everyday for a month, then taking a business trip. Know how I am going? In a van with an air mattress with me on it..not too safe but, the only way to travel cheaply and comfortably...got to return to Arkansas for overline business in Missouri...I did this...the van thing for the first time Thanksgiving, went down to Florida to visit my daughter who reminded me inadvertently that she was 28 not 27...i forgot.. :( now how could i have ever forgotten the birthday of my rosepetal baby????I dislike this memory loss intensly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay now that tantrum is over....on with the thought..uh...what was the thought...oh , oh yeah back to the chat room....let us set a time okay?
I am goingto repost this over at the Kitchen Table...and then everybody can post day or night...and the times..cause I am at my laptop nearly all the time...
okay talk later
marcia :)
mfrompa
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause