Bloating

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Bloating

Postby Rose52 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:47 pm

I have been doing alot of that lately which in turn makes it harder for me to breath since I have mild early stages of emphysema. I have my inhaler to use if I need it but it won't help much if it's mostly due to bloating and pushing everything up into my chest more. :x I'm thinking of trying this Gas X and was wondering if anyone has used it or if anyone has the problem with bloating and what they do use.

Rose
Rose52
Hot Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:15 am

I used GasX once or twice and it did seem to give me some relief but I don't think you want to get in the habit of using stuff like that every day...it might cause you to start depending on it and that could cause other problems. Do you know what the gas is from? What about the bloating? I get bloated from eating too many carbs.

Sorry to hear about the emphysema, Rose.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Rose52 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:52 pm

Dee,

I'm only taking one after each meal and at bedtime for now, just til I get this under control some. It all started about a month ago when I sat for three days and at a jar of unsalted peanuts, I was told they could aggravate my gallbladder and I figured they did and that's why my tummy has been bloating alot. The last few days I've been watching closely what I've been eating and it's helped some but still bloated quite a bit. I am diabetic as well and started a diet last Sept. to lose weight and keep my sugar in check so I don't have to take meds. I lost 42 pounds from then til March but starting in April I started eating alot of things again and have gained back 20 pounds, it might be from that too, wasn't used to eating all that junk for a while then started back in. Now I have went back to eating low carbs and hoping that helps alot.

Rose
Rose52
Hot Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause