Testosterone shots

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Testosterone shots

Postby linda48846 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:36 pm

Received my 1st Testosterone shot on Friday. Does anyone know how long it usually lasts?
linda48846
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:09 am

Sorry, Linda....I don't know and our "resident" doctor is on vacation. Did you decide to get the shot to help with the libido? There are plenty of women around here who will be interested to know how this works for you. :) I hope you'll keep us updated.......
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby linda48846 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:00 am

I suffered for 2 1/2 years with a misdiagnosis of depression/anxiety. Throughout the 2 1/2 years I questioned medical professionals about Early Menopause, I was 42 when symptoms began. I thought I was going crazy. I was put on short term disability from work for 8 months. I had literally dug my face apart. My face is permanently scarred from the self abuse. In Feb. of 2005 I diagnosed myself with the help of the Internet. I demanded that my physician check my Estrogen level. He said it was low. I then referred myself to an OB/GYN only to have him read the bloodwork results and tell me that my Estrogen level didn't even register on the test! (The test goes as low as 7) He placed me on Activella and I began to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Two weeks ago I had disabling fatigue. I could not work because I could not stay awake for long. The OB/GYN did more bloodwork and found that my Testosterone level did not show up on that test! I received the shot and within 12 hours was feeling much better. The OB/GYN has no idea why my body has decided to just stop making these hormones rather than the usual gradual decrease in production. I have more energy, self motivation, and yes my libido has been effected!
linda48846
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause