Breasts seem to be getting bigger from menopause

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Breasts seem to be getting bigger from menopause

Postby rmnstardust » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:10 pm

Does anyone have larger breasts now during this stage of life, than you did when you were younger? Mine seem to be getting bigger and I want to have them reduced. I've been hauling these bowling balls around on my chest for over 30 years and think I deserve a break. Am saving money for said operation. Afterward I expect to be able to stand straighter, and maybe even be able to run. I will be able to wear anything, even things with buttons, and colors !

Does anyone have this concern and have you thought about breast reduction? I have simply tried to loose weight but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Are they really getting bigger, or is it that my skin, muscles and bones not what they used to be to haul them around?

Any thoughts would help. Your support please (no pun intended).
I so admire some of these older women I see, women in their 60's, 70's and 80's, who are through menopause and have so much vibrancy, wisdom and are participating fully in life. It's my goal to get there and be that way too!
rmnstardust

Postby minniepauz » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:43 am

I think you've answered your own questions, my dear. :) Just go for it and I think you'll be happier! Hey, we LOVE puns around here, don't you know!!

This is MY only problem......

minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Ceci » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:27 pm

rmnstardust,

Oh, yeah! I am so there! At my last check up, I told the dr. that I would never get breast cancer because if anyone said to me, "We have to amputate both of your breasts," I would be turning cartwheels. (Not to make light of such an insidious disease.) I went from a still-too-large for my small frame 36B to a 38D, thanks to having children. Up until a few months ago, I was a 38C. I'm growing everywhere excpet up. My posture is terrible because I can't seem to hold things up, and I would just love to not spend $30 on a bra. And I look at my mom who is 44D and I just can't bring myself to think that I will follow in her brastraps, you know?

I, too, am saving for "the operation." Go for it, Girl!

Ceci
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead. --Jimmy Buffett
DB: 1961
Perimenopausal
Major symptom: Maxine-like tendencies
Ceci

Postby dixiejet » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:11 pm

I find that this is true,also....but I'm jumping for JOY !!! :D After 30 years of having microscopic boobletts, I am FINALLY getting to where I actually FILL OUT my bras ! LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~~
The prayer of a person pure in heart and
full of kindness speaks loudest into the
ear of the Lord.
dixiejet

Postby minniepauz » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:43 pm

That's funny Dixiejet! We're happy for you!! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby snoopy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:17 pm

dixiejet wrote:I find that this is true,also....but I'm jumping for JOY !!! :D After 30 years of having microscopic boobletts, I am FINALLY getting to where I actually FILL OUT my bras ! LOL!

ditto :D
I want to weigh what I used to weigh back when I thought I WAS FAT!
snoopy
Combustible

Postby psexypsychic » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:49 pm

Holy crap! I've been a DD since I was 14, I hope mine don't get any bigger from menopause.

When I was breastfeeding my kids, they got up to "G" (I had to special order nursing bras!).

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby Lady_56 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:01 am

I too had increased in breast size, up to a D cup, the biggest I had ever been and loving it. Now they seem to be shrinking as I have down to a C cup. Why?
Lady_56
Combustible

Postby colopam » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:08 am

The Playtex conspiracy just so we have to spend more on bras and swimsuits that fit.

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby rockysmom » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:26 am

o.k. ladies... now the good news (or bad, depending) they shrink back down when it's over and am i tickled!!!!!! i am now getting to the point where i can button my "old shirts again!!! wooopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THey may not be as" perky" as they once were, but who gives a rip... i'll take it. something to look forward to, or for some, maybe not, but it's good to see my feet again!!! bless you all...... :D
great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds....life's too short to wear tight shoes.
rockysmom
Hot Pauzer

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:58 pm

Over the last year my breasts, previously flat as pancakes, have expanded to being the size of large wobbly melons! Every bra I have has been chucked out and actually I don't wear a bra now (they seem pretty firm) - funnily enough I haven't put that much weight on elsewhere. The trouble is, all my clothes still generally fit but my newly-expanded bazoomies tend to squash up and to the sides, sort of under my arms, so I have a nice bulge to the side as well. It's rather funny to have a well formed bust after all these flat-chester years!

I have tried larger size clothes which fit on the bust but drown me on the waist and hips. My husband rather likes the new fullsome gorgeousfluffpot (of course he does!) and reckons it is his reward to putting up with the mood swings/hot flushes/etc., etc.!
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause