Light Headed/dizzy/headaches!!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Light Headed/dizzy/headaches!!

Postby Bilbo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:41 am

Hi All

A new member to this site - great site I have to say. I am 49, meno! - light headed, dizzy, headaches (sometimes got to bed with them, sometimes wake up with them), can't get enough sleep and general feeling horrbile. I have also quit smoking - which I am sure does not help. Tell me that I am not alone - I have convinced byself that I have some sort of disease :cry:
JX
Bilbo

Postby minniepauz » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:12 am

You're definitely not alone, Bilbo!! and I would feel pretty safe in saying it sounds like regular old peri-menopause, not a disease. Of course, we always recommend that you talk to your healthcare professional about anything that seems totally out of the ordinary...even if it turns out to be this normal part of life.

If you use the search feature here on the board, you can narrow down your reading to your specific concerns and of course, you can ask questions of our resident guardian angel doctor, Dr. Judy. :)

I hope you'll be around for awhile and tell all your friends to join us here too. We have a lot of power when we're all heating up together!! :oops:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby txgirl98 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:31 pm

Be sure and have your GP check you for an inner ear infection. I was chalking my dizzy spells up to menopause but she treated me for an inner ear infection and they went away. Good luck.
txgirl98
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause