Linda Kearn's Menopause Cake - Try it!!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Linda Kearn's Menopause Cake - Try it!!

Postby Linnie » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:57 pm

Hi all,
I cama upon a book entitled: Eat To Beat Menopause. On the cover it says: Featuring the Famous Linda Kearn's Menopause Cake. Well, it hppend that this lady in the UK hda to stop taking HRT for various reasons and came up with a cake that has exactly 7 slices to it. That gives a slice a day for a week. It is supposed to provide the daily requirement for phytoestrogens. She claims that of all the studies done thus far, plant estrogens seem to be the most effective natural alternative to HRT. This cake doesn't help osteroporosis so she advises taking 1000mg of calcium a day also.
I made the cake and after about the 5th day of eating alsice per day for breakfast, I noticed a lessening of my aches and pains and hot flashes. I still have pains in my knees and other joints and some hot flahes but it is tolerable. What I forst noticed was that my knees do not hurt at much when I go up the stairs. I am assuming it is the help of the menopause cake. The cake has become so helpful to women in the UK that it is not commercially made by a bakery with mail orders in England.
All the ingredients can be gotten as a healthfood store. HOney or pure maple syrup can be substituted for the malt extract and spelt flour for the wholewheat if wheat doesn't agree with you.
Linda's Menopause Cake
1 cup soy flour, 1 cup whole wheat or spelt flour, 1 cup rolled oats (oatmeal) 1/2 cup flaxseeds, 1.2 cup raw sunflower seeds, 1/2 cup flaked almonds, 1/2 cup sesame seeds, 2 pieces fresh ginger finely chopped, 1 1/2 cups raisins, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground ginger, 2 cups soy milk, 1 T. malt extract (honey or pure maple syrup.)
Put all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the soy milk, raisins and malt extract, mix well and leave to soak for 30 min. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a loaf pan. If the mixture ends up too stiff, add more soy milk. It should be a sof dropping consistency. Spoon into loaf pan and bake for 1 1/4 hours. Test with a skewer. If not cookd, allow another 5 to 10 minutes. Cool. Can be stored in fridge. Eat a slice a day with some soy cream cheese.
:lol:
Linnie
Hot Pauzer

Postby Kathlyn87 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:52 pm

that looks great. I am going to try it since I want to eat much better and less meds. wonder if I can substitue blueberrys for the raisins???
Kathie in FL
Kathlyn87

Postby minniepauz » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:41 am

Thanks Linnie! I've had that recipe on my site http://www.minniepauz.com/youvegotmail.html for about 6 years now and have never baked one! Glad to hear it works and tastes good! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause