43 and peri (I think)

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

43 and peri (I think)

Postby zozomama » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:57 pm

I just read the list of symptoms and I think I am in perimenopause. I've been having horrendous anxiety, feeling depressed, mean to my family. I went 6 months with no period after going off the pill (which I was on for heavy periods). Then I had 2 periods, now nothing for almost 10 weeks. My hair has been thinning for about a year now. No hot flashes or sleep issues. But I'll lose my train of thought right in the middle of a sentence. Makes me feel like an idiot during meetings at work. I've never had much of a libido, but now I have none, zero, zip. Makes for an unhappy spouse.

I had some blood work done in June that wasn't definitive - then had 2 more periods. Now nothing for 10 weeks. I'm fine with this, except for the mood issues. I hate feeling so anxious and mean. What is advised to help with this?

Jennifer
zozomama

Postby minniepauz » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:58 am

Welcome to our world! :) Sounds like typical peri-menopause symptoms and most of us feel better just by having a clue as to what is causing these symptoms. Trust your instincts as much as any blood tests. It's like a puzzle....it takes all the pieces and a certain amount of time to get the complete picture. :) Hey!!! That was brilliant, don't you think? :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby CathyW » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:59 am

Brilliant as always Dee :D
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:30 am

Jennifer
My RX would be margaritas by the pool (in my dreams!!!) then I wake up!! Be sure to share this site with your DH, explore the list of 35 symptoms with him and I belive theres a section just for the men in our lives. I think it just helps to realize that there's a problem, that it's not who we really are and try different ways of not being that way or being away from humanity if possible when we are.

anyway hugs to you!!! Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:47 am

minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:01 pm

Thanks Dee!!!
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause