Would like to hear from postmeno women who feel good again

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Would like to hear from postmeno women who feel good again

Postby Hopefully » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:20 pm

Surely, there has to be some postmenopausal women who still check in on us peri gals who can share some words of encouragement. Thank God for Minnie Pauz and other sites like this that reach out via the 'net to give us a great big hug and reassurance.

:)
Hopefully
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:34 pm

Sorry I missed this post, Hopefully!! I'm 15 years post-menopausal and I have the most fun blaming every little thing on menopause!! :) Heck, I didn't know what was causing all that stuff back then so I try to make up for lost time! :) Really though....being aware of what is going on and finding your own remedies that work for you will get you through to the other side. So there IS hope..... you can become the person you want to be just by virtue of claiming that right. No one can deny that you've "changed" so use it and lay down some new rules (even if it's only for yourself!)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby minniepauz » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:12 pm

Let's rev up the posting again, Girls!!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby DayDreamer » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:46 pm

Hello Hopefully,

I noticed the deafening silence of over 60 views to your heartfelt plea and just wanted to say "hang on in there girl".

I'm not going to lie and say that once your periods stop you will be full of the "joys of spring", because in my experience that doesn't happen. BUT....."THE CHANGE" has more significance at this time in a post menopausal woman because it is just that:............learning to cope with a changing body AND a changing mind and a change in how people react and respond to us as we get older.

It is SO weird sometimes because my mind is still stuck in my twenties. I WANT to go on that bungie jump at the fair..........or that corkscrew rollercoaster........until my DH points out that I've spent a fortune already on that chiropractor!!!!!!! I suppose it is a kind of lamenting to what was once familiar and is going, going gone.

However, I am waking up to the fact that I am now grown up enough to be taken seriously when I want to make other changes in my life!!

Younger people at work value my opinion and ask me about what it was like in the swinging sixties. :D

I am learning and educating myself as to what works best to keep as young and mobile as I can and how to keep the most annoying and life hindering symptoms of menopause to a copable level.

At best, this is another phase in my life to live, and it's no more simple or difficult than all the others.

Above all, we have each other here (thank goodness) to ask at the next strange symptom.

With regard and understanding,

Linda.
KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!!!:)

Born 1953/fibroids/Post menopause since 2002
DayDreamer
One HOT Woman!

Postby txgirl98 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:28 pm

And there's nothing that beats getting respect from snippy little clerks at the "fine cosmetic" or jewelry counters!
txgirl98
Warm Pauzer

Postby rockysmom » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:43 am

bless your heart for asking that! i have been period-free for four years, and although i still have MUCH smaller bouts of what i used to go through, i can tell you there is definitely (and finally) light at the end of the tunnel. although at 52 i am not yet as "seasoned" as miss dee and some of these other ladies, i can tell you a few things. i have become more myself than i ever was, or dared to before. it is not forced, it is something that comes naturally. in a time when everyone out there is concerned with being "politically correct" i could care less, a spade is still a spade, but i find a whole lot more humor in it than i did before. i don't give a fig what anyone else thinks of me, or how i live my life, i know i have to be true to myself and do what i was put here for.( i always tried to do this before, but i couldn't quite get to where i knew i wanted to be). the love i have is deeper and tempered with a lot more understanding, and the things i cared about before come with a new clarity and more assurance- i trust myself a lot more and am much more centered. i am happier. i am even more content, and if i need answers, i am more easily able to go within, do a little reflecting, and come up with the right answer. i am less concerned with how i look, although i still take care of myself and am content with the outcome. life i good, and i am grateful. the other side is becoming more and more appealing. i send my love to you, it is a long process, god bless oyu :D
great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds....life's too short to wear tight shoes.
rockysmom
Hot Pauzer

Postby colopam » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:58 am

Rockysmom
Thanks a lot of us peri's are grateful for your post.
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:31 pm

Yes, thank you rockysmom...not only for adding to this neglected thread, but for your clear insight into the process and the evidence that no matter what our age or stage of hormonal change we are in, there is hope.

When you commented that you are not as "seasoned" as myself it brings out the many different experiences we can have as women when there's only a few years difference in our ages. I'm only 5 years older than you, yet I've been POST-menopausal for 15 years and do find myself forgetting about a lot of the problems I went through.

This is why I try to encourage everyone to get involved here on the forum so ALL situations are represented with a full balance of experiences. I don't want the women who are just going through the beginning stages of peri to feel that the others, like myself who are definitely on the other side, are not going to understand. I truly feel that we each have a responsibility to open up to our "sisters" and offer whatever encouragement, comfort and support we can possibly give.

I love the word "seasoned"! :) I really do.... I often think that I've been "marinating" for all these years and that is also a form of seasoning!
Thanks again and I hope you'll continue sharing your thoughts and experiences here on the board.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm

"marinating".......I like that for some reason, same with "seasoned".....maybe I'll just tell people that I'm, "marinating" and on my way to be seasoned, heck leave 'em wonderin'.
Hugs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Hopefully » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:57 pm

Thank you ladies :D! Rockysmom it's always good to hear from women like yourself who have made it to the "other side" and you are a better person.

When I wrote this post I felt simply....what's the word?....Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I think that states it the best :lol:.

I've since started taking compounded progesterone and after 3 years I can now say that I see a glimmer of light infront of me. I'm not walking around in a total fog 24/7, I'm not having those feelings of doom and gloom, no more anxiety and feeling totally off balanced when I'm walking or sitting, the list can go on and on! The bottom line is that I'm seeing improvement.

Within my 3 years of truly dealing with severe symptoms I've seen very few postings from women who are actually doing well. I'm not sure if they are all feeling better and just want to forget this time in their life or they just don't see the need to help those of us trying to make it through. Thank you sooooooooooo much Dee and Dr. Judy for being the exception and for making a difference.

I also plan to be the exception and continue to tell other women about what I've been through and educate them about perimenopause and menopause. I don't want any woman to experience the emotional turmoil that I've experienced without knowing that they are not alone, this is a natural passage for all women, there are many viable options available, and that there is hope of regaining a normal life and a new and improved sense of "self".

Okay, I'm off the soapbox :lol:. Next :D?
Hopefully
Combustible

Postby rockysmom » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:28 pm

:wink: all of you ladies are wonderful and incredible people. nobody deserves to be all alone in this. it's very important to be available to eachother. it takes a long thime to come out of the woods in this stage of life. i still go through some nasty times, but they are farther and farhter apart, theres are peaks of sun, and it shines for a longer time as each stage passes. you are not alone in this. thank you, dee, for doing such a wonderful job. thank you pam for being such a " sparkplug". it's so nice to know you are all there when i need you, too!! much love!! :D
great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds....life's too short to wear tight shoes.
rockysmom
Hot Pauzer

Postby colopam » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:34 am

We have given and chosen family, our journey makes us family and we should never be alone.
HUgs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Chuckles » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:14 am

Dee, I think you're just all that and a bag of chips!!! :D This site is absolutely wonderful! The more I read, the more I want to be here. It has such a humorous, laid-back type atmosphere to it. I haven't seen that anywhere else.

I'm glad I found this thread. We can all use encouragement during this time of our lives. I still need it but I'd like to try to give some encouragement too. I am not post menopausal but I know that I am very close to the end of this ride. I have had perimenopausal symptoms for many, many, many years. I will be 49 next month and I have had nearly every symptom on the list. I am as healthy as a horse? according to my physical, complete with blood work, that I had done last August. I have never taken any hormones or OTC supplements. I have relied solely on my "will" to get me through this and multivitamins. And in my opinion, I have been to hell and back quite a few times. :)

My periods have been irregular for me for a few years now. The last year and a half, they have been really screwy. I FINALLY skipped a period last October. I went 55 days without a period. During that 55 days, for about 5 weeks, I felt absolutely wonderful and NORMAL!! I had energy out the wazoo. I painted 2 rooms in my house and got alot of stuff done that I just didn't have the "gumption" to do before. I tasted that so-called "Menopausal Zest" that I have read about! I don't know why my hormones decided to settle down for 5 weeks but they did and I am ever so thankful. It gave me a glimpse of how I hope I will feel when the periods go away for good.

I'm really sorry for this long post. But I just wanted to spread a little bit of HOPE too. If anyone reads this, please know that no matter how BAD you're feeling now, it doesn't go on forever.

:)
This little trip has been a hoot!!!!
Chuckles
On Fire!

Postby colopam » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:00 am

Chuckles
Thanks for the encouragement! I think I can see a glimmer here and there myself!!! LOl Hugs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby niftyfifty1 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:14 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm 5 years post meno.
So far the symptoms are still there, but not as spikey, severe, or as often.
Do I have crummy days? Yep! Like living in Michigan in the winter. Hurry up spring. I need to see new growth outdoors. :D
My only wish is that I could have my young body back with the wisdom I have learned over the years at the same time. :D

This too shall pass. And yes, I know it feels like it won't.
niftyfifty1

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause