Changes in hair texture

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Changes in hair texture

Postby Midaseyes » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:58 pm

I'm 48 - going on 49 - minor symptoms such as some night sweats, hot flashes, mood swings, etc. NOW, I believe I have another one. All my life my hair has been straight - with body, but straight. Now, all of a sudden, it is curly - from the scalp, according to my hairdresser!! If I let it dry naturally - WOW - shocking! My hairdresser said she's seen things like this happen before with changes in hormones. Anyone else have anything like this??? Weird.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "wow, what a ride"!!
Midaseyes

Postby minniepauz » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:56 pm

I WISH that would happen to my hair....heheheh. It's true that strange things can happen with the hormonal havoc our bodies go through, but the only hairs curling for me are the chin hairs when I overlook them too long!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:31 pm

The hair texture changes also when the hair starts turning gray, curly hair is naturally more coarse (and vice versa) according to my hairdresser, makes sense my DH's family all have curly hair and their hair is more coarse.
Hugs Pam
(My own personal observation is that it doesn't take haircolor like before either!!)
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause