Boil or Cyst-Remedy?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Boil or Cyst-Remedy?

Postby Cira » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:16 pm

I'm 47 and for the past year have been getting a round hard, pimple looking "ball" or "boil" or cyst. Most of the time it comes to a little white head, but if you try to squeeze it, it doesn't drain and then it gets even bigger. I now have one on my butt cheek, very hard and large. It does NOT have a little whitehead. These always seem to happen to me, the past year, a couple days before my period. I'm having periods lasting two days, instead of five, but my period comes every 26-28 days. Is it a boil or a cyst? WHAT do I do, seeing as this one is on my butt cheek and it is difficult to put ice on it or is it heat I need? Epsom salt? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Cira

IF I need it drained, do I go to a gyn or a dermatologist, seeing
the area that it is in?
Live For the Moment
Cira

Postby colopam » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:04 am

Cira
There's a product at the pharmacy (found in the same aisle as the itch creams and bandaids) called "Boilease", it's supposed to work very well. Also, at our pharmacy there is a non-presciption product but it's behind the pharmacy counter, can't remember the name, I'd check with a pharmacist for some help (that's what they'r there for) if I couldn't see a Dr. warm compresses seem to bring these to a head but it sounds like you've tried that.
Let me know as I've just experienced my first (weird)
HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Rosebear » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:30 pm

I may be new, but this problem isn't new to me! I've had them off and on for years...they used to cycle with me...what fun THAT was! The doc solved the problem for several years by putting me on bcp's for a few months. I get them occasionally now, and "Boilease" is my pal then! Put a dab on a bandaid and stick it in place...you should get relief in less than 24 hours. It needs to open and drain to heal and go away. Good luck...cuz I know you're in for another bout with this just about any time!
We cannot direct the wind,
but we can adjust the sails.
~ Bertha Calloway~
Rosebear

Postby minniepauz » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:43 am

oh the joys of getting older!! :) Thanks Rosebear!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby DaMomma » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:34 pm

Hi , I know this is somewhat old posting but Id like to add a few good ole putice remedies.

Take as hot of a wet, wash cloth to the area in which you can tolerate...keep flippin the cloth when it has cooled down for about 10 mins...or even soakin in a warm bath tub for 15 to 20 mins. is better yet, unless of course you are having difficulty in sitting :o

Then take bakking soda and make a paste from it and apply to the area with a piece of gauze and tape. This may have to be repeated a few days...once it comes to a "head" you may have to "lance"it with a sterile needle. Keep applyin pressure to drain...

Another good pultice is the skin from the inside of an egg-shell. Peel the skin off the shell and apply the same way you would the bakin soda.

These of course are natural, old stuff, and very easy on the pocket book too! :wink:
Are we there yet?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
born '63/peri since 2000
DaMomma
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:18 am

I'm fond of the teabag remedy. It works wonders for me. Use a black teabag (that'd be plain old regular tea). Dip it in hot water so its wet and apply it a few times a day to the boil. When it cools, dip it again to keep it warm- about fifteen minutes at a time. It should come to a head and drain. Then you just keep the area clean as it drains.

I had a boil in a rather delicate area and applied the teabag (which wasn't easy!) only for one fifteen minute session before it came up and drained. I also use the teabag remedy on pimples that are stubborn.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby DaMomma » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:08 am

psexy....I had heard of using the tea bags, but never knew anyone that actually used this. Thank you for sharing! :)
Are we there yet?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
born '63/peri since 2000
DaMomma
One HOT Woman!

Postby niftyfifty1 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:19 am

Would any of your remedies work for teen acne. My daughters have body acne. :cry: Not from my side of the genetic pool at all.
Their's are translucent dense cores. Some are full and deep and leave deep pock hole marks. A derma. would just put them on antibiotics. And they can't live on those. Any help would be great. They are so embarassed. :oops:
I know this is off the menopause topic although I have had some soft core ones since meno. but they healed up well and quick.

Thanks everyone. :)
niftyfifty1

Boil or Cysts...

Postby DaMomma » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:52 am

Nifty50..Huney I dont rightly know, to be honest with ya. Never tried it..I would think though the baking soda would actually dry out her skin too much. :(

I do know of a product that has done *absolute wonders for 2 of my teens that have the acne...(the small pimples and they get it on their body too :? ) it is *ProActive*. It can be spending , I think you can usually find coupons for $39.00 for a kit. We get it at the malls.

If she follows the directions to a " T " she will notice a difference in a week...it took my son, (now 17)...2 weeks to get it all cleared, now he just does the treatment every 2 days. I could not believe it. :shock: :D

*NOTE: I do not sell the stuff, but tell everyone about it, and so does my kids.
Are we there yet?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
born '63/peri since 2000
DaMomma
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:48 am

minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:27 am

for acne, Tea Tree oil (good quality), tho pungent, can help. All I did was add a couple of drops to my moisturizer (the smell dissipates). Tho sometimes effective antibiotics can have side effects (I just look at them and get a yeast infection anymore!! LOL) but also that contributes to more antibiotic resistant diseases in the long run. Let us know how things turn out!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby niftyfifty1 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:44 pm

Thanks ladies. I have heard of the Proactive. We were just dawdling becuase of the price. But looks like we need to do something.
:)
niftyfifty1

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause