Old Problem, need answer.

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Old Problem, need answer.

Postby Terri » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:49 am

Minnie and anyone else, since I started going through the change I have had "vaginal cramping". Have you heard of this before? Some times it gets so extreme it actually puts me down for a while. If anyone has any answers for me I would appreciate it...

Thanks,

Terri
Terri
Hot Pauzer

Postby Zero » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:59 am

Hi Terri....welcome to the Club!! :)

Does the cramping occur at specific times? Like before your period (or the normal time for your period), during or after sex, or any other noticeable time? I did a search in Google for "vaginal cramps during menopause" and found some information about uterine contracting, but I don't know what info would pertain to you. Try doing that search and maybe you'll come across something that seems to fit.

Have you mentioned this to your doctor?
Zero

Postby Terri » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:55 am

Dee,
I did mention it to my Doctor and she said she had never heard of it. You would think having a female gyno, she would understand or help but she was the most insensitive doctor I had ever had. I now have a male doctor and even he hasn't heard of it. But he is nice and listens to me.. When it occurs, it is usually before my cycle, but once in a while it happens even during and after. Believe it or not, it eases a little with some good ole fashion love making. But I will look up in Google what you mentioned.

Thanks,

Terri
Terri
Hot Pauzer

Postby Zero » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:27 am

Terri wrote:Dee,
I did mention it to my Doctor and she said she had never heard of it. You would think having a female gyno, she would understand or help but she was the most insensitive doctor I had ever had. I now have a male doctor and even he hasn't heard of it. But he is nice and listens to me.. When it occurs, it is usually before my cycle, but once in a while it happens even during and after. Believe it or not, it eases a little with some good ole fashion love making. But I will look up in Google what you mentioned.

Thanks,
Terri

Yep, you would expect the female doctors to be more intuitive and empathetic, but I've heard from many women that it just isn't so! Good for you for changing doctors!! You still may have to take the initiative for the new doctor to really take an interest in helping you, but be persistent and make sure he knows that this is not something you are not going to just let this problem be ignored. Do the research I mentioned above, print out any information that relates and make sure you tell him the info you posted above..... I can guarantee you he will be impressed with your resolve. It doesn't mean that he'll find a solution for the problem...maybe it's just something you will have to deal with, but understanding what is causing it and knowing what your options are will help you deal with it.

This process is what all of us need to be doing....find a doctor who will listen, do our homework to learn what is normal, what can be fixed, what kind of adjustments do we need to make in our lives, etc. It's amazing what being in control of our health can do and realizing that we don't have to "suck it up" and be miserable alone is VERY powerful medicine!! :)

Hey, maybe you should print out one of the cartoons and take it in to your doc to show him that even though you want to be taken seriously, you still have a sense of humor! :)
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause