My story

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

My story

Postby glemis » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:04 pm

It started about a year ago. I began getting lightheaded and felt an electric shock sensation in the right side of my head. I went to a chiropractor because I thought I needed an adjustment. Then I began having digestive issues, stabbing pain in one breast, major depression with anxiety about death. My PMS got worse and I was so tired.

I began a whole series of test from a whole body CT scan to mammograms, breast ultrasounds, blood tests, even an endoscopy. Everything came back perfect. In fact, my doctor told me that my blood work was good enough to get me into Harvard. If all of my tests were so great, why was I feeling so lousy.

I finally went to an alternative medicine doctor who took a blood test to check my progesterone level. He announced to me that I was probably in perimenopause and suggested I start using progesterone cream. I can't believe the difference it made in me. I feel so much better. In addition to the cream, I also went off the pill, began taking vitamin E, B Complex, Calcium and C. I started an exercise program as well. I feel like a new person. The biggest difference for me is that I literally have no more panic attacks, depression or anxiety.

I still get bouts of lightheadedness and hot flushes......but I have a whole new attitude about them. I know I'm not dying. I know these symptoms will come and go (I did have a bout of hair loss after I stopped the pill, but after 2 months it stopped). I know I can get through this. I just can't believe that my gynecologist, family doctor, or the gastroenterologist never thought to mention anything about menopause in relation to my symptoms.

I hope this helps someone who is feeling overwhelmed.
glemis

Postby minniepauz » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:12 pm

Thanks so much, glemis....I'm sure you've helped a lot of women by telling your story and I'm glad to hear such a positive result!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:26 am

Thanks Glemis
I hope we hear more from you!!!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause