New here and wondering about chills

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

New here and wondering about chills

Postby Leah48 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:59 am

Hi All,

I'm 48 and in menopause, I was wondering if any of you have the chills, it's a really odd feeling like I get a cold wave come over me. It bothers me in the early morning because it comes over me in waves and I can't sleep. I don't notice it so much during the day because I'm busy. I used to get hot flashes where my ears would turn a bright red, but now it's this chill thing. Also when I go for a walk I'll get like a pins and needles feeling in my arms and legs. Doc says I suffer from anxiety and to just ignore those feelings, all well and good but he's not the one having these episodes or the frequent bladder infections. What a lovely time of life. Oh yea and there's hair growing in strange places. :shock:
I'm 48, married, have a 17 yr old son, have been in the menopause process for I figure about 9 years the last 4 being the hardest. I live in Canada and I need help to get through this.
Leah48

Postby minniepauz » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:48 am

Welcome to our world, Liette! You're certainly having the typical peri symptoms.....are your periods irregular as well? Bingo!!

Lots of women do have the chills INSTEAD of hot flashes! If you're having them while still in bed, it could be that you're having night sweats and then getting chilled because your garments and bedding is damp. One way to resolve that is to get some "wicking" sleepwear (there's also bedding made of that material). Take a look at http://www.serenecomfort.com and be sure to let them know "Minnie Pauz" sent you if you decide to buy cause they usually offer a discount for our members. :)

The bladder infections cannot be blamed on menopause so your doc should take a little more time discussing this with you. Are you taking medication for this infection?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Leah48 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:49 pm

I don't get the hot flashes anymore at night, only the chills and I become aware of them in the early morning. I see my dc next week and will further discuss the bladder infection, I have stress incontinence and often feel like my bladder is not empty. I no longer have a period, I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 33. I just can't wait to be my old self again. I hate the weepiness, anxiety and always worrying whether new symptoms are health related or pause related. As for memory problems, I seem to be chasing my own tail all day on some days and too busy looking for stuff to get my stuff done...... :cry: I'm very weepy today.
I'm 48, married, have a 17 yr old son, have been in the menopause process for I figure about 9 years the last 4 being the hardest. I live in Canada and I need help to get through this.
Leah48

Re: New here and wondering about chills

Postby Welsh girl » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:26 pm

Hi Leah,

I get chills exactly as you described at least once a day, accompanied by goosebumps. Mostly in my legs and arms but I can get a shiver all over. I also have tingling in my feet, sometimes worse than others. I have found magnesium helps for that.
Welsh girl
Warm Pauzer

Re: New here and wondering about chills

Postby gracious granny » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi Leah and welcome :howdy: ,
Its been about 11 months since my last period and I am also 48.
A few months after my last period I started to have some hot flashes but they only lasted a few weeks and I had them mostly when I was feeling stressed. But the "cold flashes" as I called them that was another thing entirely. I have had them most of the last, I'd say, 7-8 months. It just felt like a chill in the center of my body, sometimes it would spread upwards. I was miserable for months, wore my jackets and sweaters even in overheated classrooms. Felt like a big Doofus sometimes :biggrin:
About 3 weeks ago I started on Estroven, with Soy and Black Cohosh and the cold flashes are gone!!! Thats the greatest thing and it has also helped with a lot of the anxiety and nervousness ,too. If it wasn't for Eczema and the fact that allergy season has started here, I could honestly say I feel better than I have in quite a while. G.G.
" Lifes a dance you learn as you go"..............
gracious granny
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause