Subtle Hot Flash Remedies

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Subtle Hot Flash Remedies

Postby scottie » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:36 am

I have to be at an event today with some people I haven't seen in awhile. Right now I probably have a hot flash an hour. Any ideas how to deal with this publicly in a subtle way? Ripping off layers, fanning with the nearest flat object and putting my head in the freezer won't work. Thanks, ladies.
scottie

Postby colopam » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:17 am

Scottie
I'm not experiencing power surges at this time (may my luck hold!) but all I could think of was to dress in breathable clothing and then lightly. I see your meeting was on Sunday, how did it go?? I'm sure that the anticipation of hot flashes makes it only worse.
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby scottie » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:50 am

Thanks for asking, Pam. Actually, I only had one during the entire time and it was relatively mild, for which I'm thankful. Sometimes I fan with this painted fan my sis got me in Spain. I just didn't want to look like some kind of manic senora. :lol:
scottie

Postby colopam » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:43 am

Scottie
At least with the fan you look elegant!!!LOL!! Down here in God's waiting room I don't think anyone would look twice! Glad it went well!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause