Is there a difference between

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Is there a difference between

Postby Snooks » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:16 pm

peri menopause and menopause as far as symptoms go? Its like I keep thinking that once I am in menopause (1 yr without a period), life will change. Do the hot flashes, mood swings, sore joints, nutso behaviour stop????
Ok, maybe not the nutso behaviour cause I've had that all my life, but what about the rest? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Snooks

Postby colopam » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:57 am

Snooks
It's my understanding (and hope) that once things settle down alot of the symptoms go away. Posting this on Dr. Judy's section would be good as our wonderful Dr. Judy has great insight to share on this and many more subjects!! Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Re: Is there a difference between

Postby scottie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:33 am

Snooks wrote:peri menopause and menopause as far as symptoms go? Its like I keep thinking that once I am in menopause (1 yr without a period), life will change. Do the hot flashes, mood swings, sore joints, nutso behaviour stop????
Ok, maybe not the nutso behaviour cause I've had that all my life, but what about the rest? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snooks, I don't remember being in peri menopause. I am in the "clutches", "throes", "grip" of menopause with hot flashes, some joint problems, some mood swings (these have gotten better) and some nutso behavior. I don't know a human being that doesn't have some nutso behavior. :lol:
scottie

Postby iluvtolaff » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:40 am

I've just reached the 2 year mark without a period. I still have hot flashes, insomnia, digestive disturbances, and phantom periods. While the insomnia has lessened somewhat, nothing else has changed. I wonder, also, how long I'll go through this before it's over.???? :oops: (I know this smiley means 'embarrassed' but it looks 'hot and sleepy'--just like me!
Hot Flashes are a way of life!

My Paint Shop Page
iluvtolaff
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:54 pm

Most of the worst symptoms go away, but many just become your new normal...........besides, some of it is just part of the aging process so there's always going to be something that we don't like. That's why I keep reminding everyone that acceptance of ourselves at this time of life is extremely important. We have to love who we are and not expect to feel as good as we did 20 years ago....actually. some women feel BETTER!! :)

I can definitely look back and feel regret that I didn't take care of myself back in my 30's and 40's. I could have hit my 50's in MUCH better shape. I'm pretty much feeling like I'm falling apart right now, but I'm not giving up! I gave up smoking a year ago and gained 30 lbs from that, but now I'm concentrating on getting some exercise and eating better so I can be in fairly good shape by the time I'm 60...2 years from now.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause