Itchy, Crawly feeling

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Postby psexypsychic » Fri May 18, 2007 12:21 pm

I have a small rash on my wrist that took the doctors almost 2 years to figure out what it was. "Stress-induced eczema". They tell me "eczema" is a catch-all word for rashes. No idea where it came from because I don't wear jewelry near the rash.

I have gone through a half-dozen different creams. I'm back to the original cream and "preventative options" for it.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby Seawind36 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Yikes, ya'll are making me nervous! I haven't had itching that could be related to peri, but it better not be anything like the itch in my arm!! I suffered with it for 2 years before a doc finally listened to me! It was so bad that I would wake from a dead sleep clawing at my arm - all day, all night, till I drew blood! It was this burning itch that felt like something crawling UNDER my skin. Turned out to be the nerve root in my neck being pinched by a herniated disc. Finally found a drug that keeps it under control - anything to avoid surgery!
Robin, the certifiable granny
Peri since 2002
Seawind36
Warm Pauzer

Postby colopam » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:46 am

Robin

That sounds awful! Glad they found something to control it!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Face itches

Postby linda48846 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:53 pm

:? Boy, o boy can I relate to this! Several years ago I thought I was going crazy. I dug the heck out of my face - it left permanent scars. Dr.s misdiagnosed me over and over. Through much research, I discovered that I had absolutely NO estrogen. I began to pay closer attention and discovered that generally when an area of my face itched, it was because a very thick facial hair was coming through. I now pluck the itchy areas and tried a sample of ProActiv. The combination has worked extremely well. I no longer dig my face.
Hope this helps!!!
linda48846
Warm Pauzer

Postby hotpatootie » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:05 pm

psexypsychic wrote:I have a small rash on my wrist that took the doctors almost 2 years to figure out what it was. "Stress-induced eczema". They tell me "eczema" is a catch-all word for rashes. No idea where it came from because I don't wear jewelry near the rash.

I have gone through a half-dozen different creams. I'm back to the original cream and "preventative options" for it.
OMG, this is such an eye opener. I have said all along that my childhood allergies have come back since I entered THE MENOPAUSE YEARS, before, during and after :lol:

Anyway I can't wear any of my vintage costume jewelry, bracelets, my wrists break out in a horrible rash, and I just about itch myself to death. It lasts only when I have had the jewlery on, and then goes away in a few hours. But I never had anything like that ever, except when I was younger I had some allergy problems.
And also horrible sinus problems, I have seasonal alleriges all years long now, sneezing alot and a runny nose. I live on antihistamines.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:32 pm

I can't wear anything nickel-plated. It has to be stainless surgical stuff or sterling silver.

My favorite pair of earrings are from my friend in Australia- topaz set in a Celtic pattern. The posts are of the cheaper type of metal and make my ears itch and ooze and all the lovely allergic stuff. I changed them to a surgical steel kind of post and I wear them, but I'm going to take them to a jeweler and get a proper set of sterling posts, so the metals match.

As for general allergies- I take one pill a day. The commercial name is Claritin, but you can get it over the counter now and my insurance won't pay for it. I buy the generic Loratadine (10 mgs, once a day) from Walmart.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby hotpatootie » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:34 pm

My ears do that off and on, sometimes nothing bothers my ears or my wrists, and then other times the exact same piece of jewelry will make me break out in an oozing rash.

I get an antihistamine from Sam's Club, it is about 4 bucks for 400 tablets. It has the same thing as Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride 25 mg) I take two at night and it also makes me sleep like a log.

When I take it during the day I can barely stay awake at times.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:24 am

my face on the outer edges/jaw area is so dry and course and rough, :( partly because of the underactive thyroid, but I also still get spots, especially pre-menstrually, so can't use a heavy moisturising cream.

I find the Oil of Olay (original) is best, as it's non-greasy, and sinks in ok, but I keep forgetting to use it as I've never had a dry skin till the last few years.
But when I do, my face suddenly feels normal and I realise I've been living with tight skin...

I can't bear when my hair tickles my face, it's terrible...but I hate having my hair too far back from my face...

arms and legs itching badly too.

The doctor prescibes some bath-oil for my husband (as he gets excema and psoriasis, so I use that and it helps. :)
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:04 am

What is the name of the bath oil? I haven't found anything that helps my psoriasis. :(
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:53 pm

it's called Oilatum Emollient (light liquid paraffin).
I think there is an antiseptic version as well, incase of any infection, as that was prescribed a few years ago.

It does help the skin for a while after the bath, but it does wear off.
Born 1959
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:57 pm

thanks...I'll check it out.

Are you in the UK? I can't seem to find it in the States?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:39 pm

I keep think fleas are biting, it feels just like that sometimes.
(I know what that's like as a cat brought some in our house a few years ago, which we got rid of)
No cats been allowed in for about 18 months now...and colder weather they don't hatch...it's not fleas anyway - I know that...but it's SO annoying! :(
Born 1959
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Re: Itchy, Crawly feeling

Postby Abaconian66 » Fri May 15, 2009 1:19 pm

MGR wrote:Anyone with peri-menopause having the itchy crawly feeling in the scalp and face area? I am having so many symptoms I can barly stand it anymore. Tingling, hot, cold, tired, memory problems, shakes, everything possible. Am I the only one?

Be consoled....you are not alone...I have that in my legs and my hands.I got it all not all at once but some days I have more than others....I cant stand it either but its the facts of our lives we have to endure it.... :cry: I hope you can get some relief with supplements or doctors care...;)
I wanted to add something else,after reading all the posts on this page, I realized driving down the road the other day all along my jaw area is itchy all the time and I wasn't conscious of it until I was going over the posts on this site.And my back..omg my back is itchy all the time :!:
Last edited by Abaconian66 on Thu May 21, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you always have enough happiness to keep you sweet
Enough trials to keep you strong
Enough success to keep you eager
Enough faith to give you courage
& enough determination to make each day a good day!
Sunny Dayz...
Brigitte
Abaconian66

Re: Itchy, Crawly feeling

Postby BeaGee » Wed May 20, 2009 11:45 pm

I haven't "checked in" for awhile.

Yes. What you are describing was the very thing that happened to me before the big M. I wondered about what was happening......and have never had a real "diagnosis" - but really do believe that it was the peri-M....hormones were a'changing.

Do I hear a song in that?
BeaGee

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Menopause