Bio-identical hormones - how do you get them?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Bio-identical hormones - how do you get them?

Postby februarygirl » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:09 pm

I need a little help here...

I called my gyno to have a prescription called in because I found a compounding pharmacy near and I would like to get bio-identical hormones. My dr called me and said that she can order all natural hormones but they do not know how to order bio-identical. And they do not know where I can get saliva tests to begint the process. The office was very understanding and told me to let them know when and where I start this whole process and they would help me in any possible.

I guess I am asking - does anyone know where I go from here? And/or are all natural hormones a good thing or same as bio-identical - Oh- sorry - I am so confused! LOL

Nancy
februarygirl
On Fire!

Postby februarygirl » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:14 pm

I just read the additional posts under "Estrates" topic and see that maybe I need to see an endocrinologist to get this started. The compounding pharmacy said that I needed prescription and was not too eager to give me any more info. By the way, thank you for the info on the compounding pharmacies - that was how I found one here in NY.
februarygirl
On Fire!

Postby Zero » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:24 pm

This site might pull it all together for you:
http://www.bpharmacysolutions.com/hormo ... m#overview

They're very reliable and provide all the services you need (including saliva testing)
Zero

Postby februarygirl » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:44 am

Thank you Dee! What a wonderful group of woman are here! I am sooooo glad I found you all!

Nancy
februarygirl
On Fire!

Postby Zero » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:00 am

I'm happy you found us too, Nancy! Be sure to report back on your experience with Bellevue Pharmacy, ok? This is the way many of us find solutions that work!!
Zero

Postby februarygirl » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:38 pm

I sure will let you know how things go with the pharmacist. I e-mailed the paiteint history form and should be contacted in a couple of days.

Nancy
februarygirl
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause