confused

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

confused

Postby smiley » Fri May 05, 2006 6:58 am

thank god i found this site. after reading some of the posts i am starting to get a better handle on this. although i am still confused about whether i am actually in menopause or in peri.my gyn said my estrogen came back at 8 on my bloodwork. she says i am in menopause.so do all of these symptoms begin in peri-meno and continue into menopause? i have been very moody, and quick to temper for the last couple of years, doctors have just medicated me with things for anxiety and depression. it hasnt been till this last year and months actually when these things have become worse. like memory loss, weight gain, stiffness and pain especially in lower legs. the itching has become so bad that i break out in hives on my belly and legs. whats going on?
help!
smiley

Postby colopam » Fri May 05, 2006 3:20 pm

Smiley

Technically to be considered in menopause you'd have to be period free for a year, anything before that is considered to be peri. Just like the time leading up to menarch (the start of our menses) is a process so is this time of our life and as hormones ebb and flow (no pun intended) we'll experience the varied symptoms and as different as we all are so are the intensity/duration and variety of these symptoms from woman to woman. Some professionals don't recognize the time before menopause as a separate time encompassing many changes (ie either you're menstruating or you're not) but it is, been there doing that!! I don't think babbling away is one of the symptoms but maybe it should be!!! LOL!!!! Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause