Just a Rant

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Just a Rant

Postby danmia » Fri May 05, 2006 10:48 am

I don't even know why I am doing this, I'm sure you have all had some of these symptoms before, I just needed to write it down in my haze of "fedupness" :?
My newest symptoms are mood related, I have been doing well without feeling too down or snappish but lately, especially in the evenings, I am bored out of my mind even though I have loads to do, I am irritable and cannot see the point to anything and it sucks!! To top this I am so anxious I cannot sit still.
I'm now allergic to hair dye which really sucks big time because I have been dying my hair since I was 15 and suddenly horrible reaction every time I try it. So resorted to just a wash in, which does not work well, and worst of all, I have always dyed my hair either black or dark brown, now it's back to normal color of very light brown slightly blonde, streaky gray and I don't even know if I like it. I guess light hair is better for the gray, sigh.
My arms are full of age spots, rashes, bumps, spots, my nose keeps getting spots on it, why there I ask!!! I can't shave my legs without getting hacked to pieces because my skin is so dry.
I live in the country way out in the middle of nowhere and dont drive, so my agrophobia is rife, just going to the supermarket once a week is a real challenge. I am in dread of the outside world yet again, this has been a fight for me all my life, but now it's getting really bad again. Panic attacks are something I've always had to deal with and of course they are hovering in the background ready for their turn in the great menopause of life.
Allergies too, forgot those, I sneeze and wheeze and just climbing the stairs has me out of breath, that is just so depressing.
My IBS right now is behaving, I am taking Colofac which has really helped, except one thing, it makes you extremely constipated so of course hello hemmarrhoids (cant spell) which sent me to the pharmacy yet again. All in all, what a time of life this is.
I can't tell if I'm losing estrogen, gaining it, or what, I don't have hot flashes as such but then I'm taking progesterone so probably that is helping. I do have night sweats a lot but thankfully rarely does it wake me up. Oh yeah sweating, forgot to say, all those commercials about wont stain your clothes, keeps you dry, I have tried all of them and my clothes are ruined and I'm wet in half an hour, so much for that. I am trying Certain Dri now in hopes that will actually work, it better for the price of it.
Sorry to rant and ramble ladies, I'm fine really, lolol, hope you all have a great day and perhaps one symptom free.
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri May 05, 2006 3:18 pm

Good rant kiddo!! LOL
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Mon May 08, 2006 2:04 pm

And today I am sobbing uncontrollably at the woe of life in general. I'm having huge empty nester problems, general lonliness and just plain fed up with it all. I never cry, so this is a whole new experience for me, I only hope I feel better after this, right now it just seems pointless and ridiculous to be crying for no reason. :cry:
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Mon May 08, 2006 4:16 pm

Just know that so many of us have gone through the same thing, so even though it's not normal for you, it's pretty "normal" for this time of life. In an effort to get you smiling.....

minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Tue May 09, 2006 7:29 am

Thank you for the cartoon, definitely me, I cannot watch Extreme Makeover anymore, as soon as they look at that house I'm gone......it's weird how you cry at good things more than sad things. Sad things are reserved for real life. My husband was real sweet, after work he picked me up and took me out for a drive and bought me a video game to take my mind off things, which for me works, getting involved in a good puzzle or adventure game at least takes me to another world for a while. Which hormone is it that causes the depression? I am taking progesterone but not estrogen so I'm guessing it's the estrogen, but maybe not. I never know which one gives which symptom. Hope everyone has a great day today, as symptom free as possible. :wink:
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby Shellylyn » Sat May 13, 2006 7:57 pm

Danmia, I think it's the progesterone that causes depression. I've been trying the estrogel for my hot flashes and have to do prometrium too (since I have a uterus still) and I'm convinced the prometrium depresses me. I'm bad in that I won't take it every day due to this, which I don't think is a good thing to do...It's all so frustrating--even doing this regimen, I still get hot flashes and have anxiety and depression, and I take 5 mg of lexapro to help that.

I live in NH. Where are you in ME?

Shelly
Shellylyn

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause