dizziness, headaches and foggy oh boy

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

dizziness, headaches and foggy oh boy

Postby frd1083 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:33 pm

Ok, new here and I am almost 51, still get regular periods, but they have gotten much less heavy the last 6 months, perhaps because thyroid level is controlled. Am seeing a new dr. as the headaches and overwhelming crashing fatigue were new as well as dizziness. I was slightly anemic, but liver functions were off, not sure what yet. anyway, i digress.... are these symptoms of meno because whoa, this is hard to deal with daily and work full time. The foggy brain is the hardest as well as hot flashes. My periods are still regular but seem to be getting lighter. I was sort of hoping they would come up with another reason for why I feel the way I do, but maybe this is it.... any help would be much appreciated. :D

Faith
frd1083

Postby purple haze » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:43 pm

Hi Faith, you've come to the right place. The ladies here are very helpful. Sounds like you've got alot going on. I've had the headache and dizziness, too. I've also had days where I didn't want to do anything. Hugs to you, Edlyn
purple is my color,
a hippie mama to a hippie mama
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

Postby nubchai » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:39 pm

Faith I'm new here too but I also have fatigue, headaches and the fuzzy-headed, hard to focus symptoms. Also unsteadiness on my feet sometimes. I don't have any solutions for you. I see my doctor on the 12th. But from what I can tell the symptoms could be thyroid-related or menopause related. Did your doctor check your thyroid levels? Good luck :) Sandy
nubchai

Postby frd1083 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:22 am

Actually my thyroid in controlled by levoxyl; took about 2 years to get it at a level that worked for me. I am about 1.65 right now which eliminates the cold feeling all the time so that has helped. These new symptoms have just cropped up lately. Anyone using supplements to help.

Faith
frd1083

Postby berykute » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:19 pm

For the past few months I have had a lot of headaches, I have also recently had more than a few dizzy spells, sensation of pressure in my head and that weird out of sorts-not quite here feeling!
What the heck now?
berykute
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause