Heart Pounding/Racing with or w/o Hot Flashes

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Heart Pounding/Racing with or w/o Hot Flashes

Postby evergreen » Mon May 22, 2006 7:42 pm

Hi all:

I'm 45 and in the throes of all this stuff. I've been getting a lot of palps at night especially when I get up to use the restroom. My heart pounds fast for about 2-3 minutes then it calms down. Sometimes I have a hot flash at the same time, sometimes not. I get nauseated and shakey as well. My FSH was tested recently and it was 49.

I heard that the heart pounding thing is typical. Anyone else here with the same thing?
evergreen

Postby psexypsychic » Tue May 23, 2006 1:06 pm

Yes! Sometimes, I think it'll pop out of my chest and run across the room.

When I was diagnosed "officially" and I found this site, I thought I had serious health issues. All the other tests they did (and they did a lot) came back "normal". Then they said it was perimenopause. And now I know I'm not insane and that I'm not going to drop dead when I get the "flutters" (as I described them to my husband).

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed May 24, 2006 6:59 am

You know, I think this was the cause of women getting (or having) "the vapors" back in the day. I was never sure what that was, but now...think about it....it was probably peri-menopause with hot flashes, palpitations and feeling faint. :) Oh Lordy..... so hang in there and you WILL live through it! We're here to help with some of the confusion and fears, plus to help you find and renew your sense of humor!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby PDiva » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:42 am

I'm so very glad to see that others are experiencing what I am. For the past few years, I've had terrible times waking in the night with heart palpitations, nausea, sometimes the urge to move my bowels, sweating, and just basically feeling awful. It was very scary. Doctors never could figure it out and I had lots of tests. It comes out of nowhere. Sometimes, I just have the pounding and racing heart. It lasts for hours. I hate it. Anything relieve this? It is awful and frightening.
PDiva
Warm Pauzer

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:08 pm

Me too and I'm relieved to know I'm not alone. My heart pounds really hard and fast - I first thought I was having a heart attack or stroke, then started to think I was reacting to something I ate. Often it happens in the night and that is horrible since you can't talk to anyone and your thoughts are at their blackest about what might happen - omigod. I haven't found a solution but keep caffeine intake low and try deep breathing. I'm in peri at the moment, does it finish with full blown menopause?
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause