Will This Ever End

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Will This Ever End

Postby kar4242 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:20 am

I've been feeling so sick for 2 months now - I have not had a period since April 14, 2006 - (I missed 3 in the beginning of 2005 but did not suffer like I am now) that's when I developed a daily tension headace that did not go away, along with tinnitus, on top of all the other symptoms I already had heart palpitations, insomnia, waking up warm at night, nausea, so tired all the time, blurry vision, etc. I've had a CAT scan, MRI, blood work (not hormone levels cause I already knew I was in perimenopause), saw the ENT for my hearing and it's perfect. I feel like I'm in a different world. I'm on my 3rd headache medication (side effects are terrible) and I'm also on antidepressant Lexapro as well as Femhrt . I've never felt so bad before in my life. My anxiety is beyond explanation and I'm suffering terribly. Everything is a major effort. I'm scared and I feel alone - does this ever end??? I need some relief :( soon. Thanks for listening. Karen
kar4242
One HOT Woman!

Postby DayDreamer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:38 am

Hang on in there Kar4242,

We are here for you.

Have you had blood works done for other things? Like for diabetes or kidney function?

I do know that these could also present some of the symptoms you describe and it's worth a try just in case!

Please don't give up trying to find answers. Your peri symptoms could also be ON TOP of something else.

Please tell us how you are by checking in here.

Warm hugs.
KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!!!:)

Born 1953/fibroids/Post menopause since 2002
DayDreamer
One HOT Woman!

Will this ever end

Postby kar4242 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:43 pm

DayDreamer wrote:Hang on in there Kar4242,

We are here for you.

Have you had blood works done for other things? Like for diabetes or kidney function?

I do know that these could also present some of the symptoms you describe and it's worth a try just in case!

Please don't give up trying to find answers. Your peri symptoms could also be ON TOP of something else.

Please tell us how you are by checking in here.

Warm hugs.

Thanks for responding Day Dreamer -
I just got a 2 hour glucose tolerence test done yesterday because in my regular blood work, my glucose was borderline (100 and the range was 65-99). All the other blood work was fine. I've had a CAT scan and MRI of my head. I had my ears checked and my eyes checked and all were okay. Karen
kar4242
One HOT Woman!

Will This Ever End

Postby kar4242 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:51 am

DayDreamer-

I thought I gave you an update on this yesterday. I found out that I have impaired glucose tolerence. I'm not diabetic yet and hopefully the doctor said with diet and exercise I can help this situation. Although my diet is pretty good already. So, my symptoms are not due from diabetes which I thought was a possibility as well. Thanks for thinking about that too. Karen
Last edited by kar4242 on Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kar4242
One HOT Woman!

Postby DayDreamer » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:49 pm

Hi Karen,

Thanks for coming back with an update.

Thankfully, your doctor has alerted you to your glucose intolerance, so you can keep an eye on it to prevent full blown diabetes. :D

I hope you are feeling better and that the depression and anxiety is lessening. Sometimes just knowing that someone is out there listening to you helps tremendously.

You take good care now. :D
KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!!!:)

Born 1953/fibroids/Post menopause since 2002
DayDreamer
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause