Tossing and turning=Wasted Energy!! (go with the flow)

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Tossing and turning=Wasted Energy!! (go with the flow)

Postby iluvtolaff » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:15 am

Over the many, many months of hot flashes, tossing and turning, throwing off covers and clothes, etc. I have found myself to be exhausted in the mornings. A couple weeks ago, it dawned on me that I expend so much energy, at night, fighting the hot flashes to no avail (it didn't change anything!--it didn't stop the flashes, it didn't even lessen them-- and it was wearing me out)! Now, I just lie still and ride the wave. I know that nothing is going to change it so I just stay still and wait. They usually last about 2 minutes and I tell myself 'I can stand this for 2 minutes', I've endured worse things in life.! Now, I wake feeling more restful since I no longer waste all that energy and anxiety. Ya'll might want to think about trying to 'go with the flow', it's really working for me! 8)
Hot Flashes are a way of life!

My Paint Shop Page
iluvtolaff
One HOT Woman!

Postby iluvtolaff » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:38 am

I wanted to add that I have a fan blowing all night also. Sometimes I have it blow across the bed, sometimes I have it blowing directly in my face. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it'a hindrance because I won't sleep well with the "wind" blowing in my face BUT I have fewer hot flashes! Can't win! :lol:

My Paint Shop Page
iluvtolaff
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:04 am

I've slept with a fan blowing most of my life now. It'll probably kill me if I start hot flashes since the fan is nothing new to me. I guess power surges are just another test of our fortitude.Like cramps or childbirth, can you imagine a man having them????? Of course there'd probably be alot more research into stopping them then LOl!!!

HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby iluvtolaff » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:45 pm

colopam wrote: can you imagine a man having them????? Of course there'd probably be alot more research into stopping them then LOl!!!

HUgs Pam

Ha! You got that right! If men experienced this stuff, there'd be all kinds of meds and therapies that actually WORK!!!!

My Paint Shop Page
iluvtolaff
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:05 pm

I'm addicted to the fan! :) and I don't even have hot flashes any more. I just can't stand to get warm, even in the winter, I have the heat on and a blanket, but I have the fan on.....I would prefer to have the window open too, but with the cost of heat, that would have cost me a fortune!

A few years ago, this nice couple sent me something called the Hot Stop and I'm telling you, that will cool you down in SECONDS.....here's a link to it and the description of how it cools your whole body down really makes sense: Because blood circulates through the body every four and a half minutes, applying Hot StopTM for just that length of time can bring your body temperature back to normal, allowing you to go back to sleep or resume your day's activities.
http://www.myhotstop.com/product.html

Then there's these too: http://www.magi-cool.com/

Or these (I should put this over in the boob thread):
http://www.cleavagecoolers.com/asrapa.html
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby iluvtolaff » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:47 am

I used to be addicted to the fan, many years ago--but not for the cooling factor. I needed it for the 'white noise' to drown out the sounds of the city at night. When I moved to the country I still used it because I was used to the sound and couldn't do without it. My husband got sick of having the fan blow all night (he'd wake up with a sore throat) so he bought me one of those sleep machines that have white noise. Now, that's all I use every single night--I can't sleep without it. But, now that I got rid of hubby, I also use the fan all night for the cooling factor so I have the best of both worlds!

My Paint Shop Page
iluvtolaff
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause