Can someone help me out?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Can someone help me out?

Postby sandy06 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:35 am

I have not been on the site for a while, things have been going ok, or should I say I have been dealing with things a bit better once I realized what was going on.....menopause, pre or whatever.....I wonder if anyone can help me with this one. For the last year I have been having internal shaking in both my legs, at first it started off sporadically, then it disappeared for a while, now it is back with a vengeance. It is like a constant caffeine or sugar high. It is making me feel on edge all the time, anxious and I can't seem to relax. It is making me wonder if I am suffering from some deadly disease.........but I have a feeling somehow this is tied in with menopause. Is there anyone else feeling like this, I have read that a magnesium supplement helps this kind of thing. I am going crazy with it actually, I can't sit still, I find I am now grinding my teeth. It feels better when I move around but unfortunately I am a teacher and the school is very small, nowhere to walk to. I live in China in one of the hottest cities here, last week it was 117....yikes. Hardly the weather to go for a noon time stroll, even the mosquitos are lethargic. Would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks :(
sandy06
Warm Pauzer

Postby colopam » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:30 am

Sandy
Sounds possibly like restless leg syndrom, (not a doctor but have heard alot about it and my mom had it), definately check it out with your doctor it's got to be really wearing you out!!! also sounds REALLY miserable out there, and I was thinking we were HOT!!! (it truly is more the huidity tho) check out some of the items on the site, I'd be interested in the Bedfan (bedfan.com) if/when I start hotflashes and the chillow sounds great too!!

Let us know how things go!!!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

thanks Pam

Postby sandy06 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:45 am

Still checking this out, but my friend is going to take me to a Chinese Traditional Medicine doctor, so will let you know what he says. I don't think it is Restless Leg Syndrome, cos this doesn't prevent me from sleeping. I have had that syndrome in the past, seems whenever I took cold remedies, Neo Citran, Tylenol cold, or anything like that would cause restless legs, more noticeable at night time. My doctor thought I was crazy because she said that medication didn't have anything in it to cause that kind of thing. I have not had it for a long time, ha ha I don't take medicine of any kind, just in case.

I also get angry very easily, and close to tears I wonder if this is all tied in with this leg thing, it is driving me nuts, thought I could live with it, but have decided I can't, hence the visit to the doc. Will let you know what he says and what he prescribes, as long as it is not animal product related, ha ha snake venom, bear bile etc., I can live with that too. Hopefully it will all be vegetable and plant matter of some kind. Trying to keep happy thoughts.

Thanks again
Sandy
sandy06
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause