Peri - and now a sex maniac!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Peri - and now a sex maniac!

Postby mamagrrl » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:57 pm

So I'm only 41 and definitely peri, but not minding a bit.
Yeah, even the hot flashes, the warmies, etc, etc...
I don't mind all that discomforting stuff, because, ladies, my libido is through the roof.

I'm talking through the roof of the Empire State Building! I'm talking up in the stratosphere! I'm talking a sweetheart who's desperately (and happily!) trying to keep up with me. He can't believe his good luck!!! The frequency and things I'm willing to try is boggling his mind. (in a very, very good way.) We've never had this much fun before and oh, it's fabulous!

My only concern is that I'm going to lose this wonderful gift of always (and yes, I do mean ALWAYS) wanting sex. Will it go away when peri ends? Will it stay with me? How can I keep it! I want it! I want to chain it to the bedpost and make it... oh, errr... right. :lol:

I know other peris have experienced increased libidos, but will somebody please tell me if their new libido stayed?
I like it an awful lot and would miss it terribly if it left.
Anybody?
(fingers crossed)
mamagrrl
Warm Pauzer

Postby psexypsychic » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:49 am

I've always been that way. The only thing that kills my sex drive is pain- like when I had my wisdom teeth out or when I was recovering from surgery, or when I tore up my knee ligaments and physically couldn't have sex (from logistics of positions because of the torn-up knee).

I did have an odd time when my doctors switched my blood pressure medicine because the one I was on aggrivated my newly-diagnosed asthma. I asked the doc if the new medicine increased the libido because I had gone from horny to insatiable. The doc I had at the time said that no, what I was taking had no bearing on libido. But, when she checked to see what they'd just switched me from, she said the old medicine would have supressed it. So, I said, "This is me, normally?" Yikes.

Peri has done nothing to my sex drive. My poor husband has put up with this for 20 years and he's been sick of it for many years already.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:41 am

mamagirl

I think that's great and I also think that it's a matter of use it or lose it!! Meaning the more I get the more I want and just the reverse, the less I get the less I want. So my advice is to... whenever you can and want!! Talk about releasing those feel good hormones (yours and your partners!! LOL). I think it's like the "runners high"!! and talk about a win win situation!!!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby mamagrrl » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:03 pm

So sorry your partner has gotten tired of it, Psexy. That must be a real downer! There's always Good Vibrations (where I'll probably be going later today for a toy or two... I used to think that sort of stuff was 'gross'. Not Any More! :) Oh, my!) My dear honey left for the office this morning, more tuckered than when he went to bed! He might have to call in help, at this rate! :shock: :lol:

Before, I had the most sluggish libido imaginable. ...so this is a real departure for me. Back then, having it more didn't make me want it more, although not having it as much was just fine with me - then. But now... all bets are off. I'm actually losing weight from all the...erm...activity. Whoo-hoo!!!

I'm gonna take Pam's advice and, baby, keep at it! It's tough work, but somebody's gotta do it - again and again and again and again and again... :D

....man, just thinking about it and I'm off again. Durnitall! The honey's at work!

(Hey, Pam. Did you get your scuba certification?)
mamagrrl
Warm Pauzer

Postby colopam » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:17 pm

mamagrrl

Not yet, been too busy!!! But my girlfriends and I go to the beach often. We start out about 7:30 a.m. and stay till about 11:30 or 12 by then it's getting too warm (and we're toasted, physically NOT alcoholically) and the beaches start getting too crowded (by getting there early we get the prime parking too!! Then we go out for Mexican (and Margaritas!!). All four of us are about the same age and have lots of laughs, in fact I'm working doing merchandising for one company and one of the girls is working for another and we get to work at the same store a couple of times a week!! We have been sailing (by moonlight no less!) a few times and are loving the FL living. No hurricanes threatening this year (still have till Nov. 30 but not too worried). I am looking into dance lessons. Used to go dancing 3-4 nites a week and there are some great ballroom places around here. I'd love to learn some salsa steps. Have taken swing and jutterbug before LOOOVED it. DH is quite the dancer too though in all the years we've been together we've never been dancing together before!!! Anyway gotta go to work..... Have fun!!

Hugs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:03 pm

mamagrrl, he's been that way our whole 20 years of marriage. Back in the day when he was in the Army and all the other guys were complaining about lack of gettin' some, he just stood there, quietly. When they finally asked him what was going on, he replied, "I should be so lucky..."

Of course, I didn't know about this at the time, about a year later I found out that's why all the other soldiers were nice to me and always introducing me to their wives. As if maybe it'd rub off on them. :lol:

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Re: Peri - and now a sex maniac!

Postby hotpatootie » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:07 am

mamagrrl wrote:So I'm only 41 and definitely peri, but not minding a bit.
Yeah, even the hot flashes, the warmies, etc, etc...
I don't mind all that discomforting stuff, because, ladies, my libido is through the roof.

I'm talking through the roof of the Empire State Building! I'm talking up in the stratosphere! I'm talking a sweetheart who's desperately (and happily!) trying to keep up with me. He can't believe his good luck!!! The frequency and things I'm willing to try is boggling his mind. (in a very, very good way.) We've never had this much fun before and oh, it's fabulous!

My only concern is that I'm going to lose this wonderful gift of always (and yes, I do mean ALWAYS) wanting sex. Will it go away when peri ends? Will it stay with me? How can I keep it! I want it! I want to chain it to the bedpost and make it... oh, errr... right. :lol:

I know other peris have experienced increased libidos, but will somebody please tell me if their new libido stayed?
I like it an awful lot and would miss it terribly if it left.
Anybody?
(fingers crossed)
I went through a phase about 4 or 5 years ago when I didn't want sex at all, then a few years ago it went in the reverse. And It still going strong, I haven't had a period in almost 15 months and my sex drive is still going strong. I am 55 and my H is 58 and he has a hard time keeping up with me, but he sure tries. :lol:
But I have lots of girlfriends around my age and they all moan and groan about sex, as in never wanting it at all, like it is a big burden. But I am pretty much a sex maniac now.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby mamagrrl » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:03 pm

hotpatootie wrote:...I haven't had a period in almost 15 months and my sex drive is still going strong. I am 55 and my H is 58 and he has a hard time keeping up with me, but he sure tries. :lol:

Excellent.

Mine has stayed hot as a skillet for, what, 9 months now? Looking forward to another 50, 60 years of hotsy-totsy!

It has caused some problems, though. The hubby and I are splitting. I think all the new sex focus freaked him enough to be the straw that broke the camel's back - for both of us.
I suddenly have a gigantic rise in libido.
He suddenly has a massive drop in libido.
Combined with other seemingly small issues, it just dissolved the marriage away. (We're amicable, good friends and doing it all lawyerless. Life is good! Honest!)

Thank goodness for Friends with Benefits, or I'd have carpal tunnel by now. Oh, don't even pretend you don't know what I mean!

Dating is Awesome!! If only there were a way to tell who has a crazy-insane libido like mine, without outright asking (and seeming slutty - but baby, I'm just about ready to start asking, anyway!)

Who knew being Peri would change my life so amazingly!
mamagrrl
Warm Pauzer

Postby colopam » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:30 pm

You go girl!! :cheer: (just be careful now, you got ALOT of livin to do!!)

HUgs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby hotpatootie » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:51 am

mamagrrl wrote:
hotpatootie wrote:...I haven't had a period in almost 15 months and my sex drive is still going strong. I am 55 and my H is 58 and he has a hard time keeping up with me, but he sure tries. :lol:

Excellent.

Mine has stayed hot as a skillet for, what, 9 months now? Looking forward to another 50, 60 years of hotsy-totsy!

It has caused some problems, though. The hubby and I are splitting. I think all the new sex focus freaked him enough to be the straw that broke the camel's back - for both of us.
I suddenly have a gigantic rise in libido.
He suddenly has a massive drop in libido.
Combined with other seemingly small issues, it just dissolved the marriage away. (We're amicable, good friends and doing it all lawyerless. Life is good! Honest!)

Thank goodness for Friends with Benefits, or I'd have carpal tunnel by now. Oh, don't even pretend you don't know what I mean!

Dating is Awesome!! If only there were a way to tell who has a crazy-insane libido like mine, without outright asking (and seeming slutty - but baby, I'm just about ready to start asking, anyway!)

Who knew being Peri would change my life so amazingly!
LMAO, well not because you split the sheets with the H, but I am on another web-site with lots of young folks ( I'm a mod on a movie forum) anyway LMAO at the "Friends with Benefits", the kids say that alot. And I never knew what the hell they were talking about at first. :roll:

I have also found now that I have passed on to the other side and changed into the new me, I am having a ball. This no periods business and drastic mood swings has made a new woman out of me, let's just hope the mister can keep up, I really don't want to have to break in a new man.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause