Nothing happening - Then BAM!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Nothing happening - Then BAM!

Postby Wendie123 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:15 pm

Hi Everyone, I was diagnosed as Peri about 4 years ago, and I have been having all the usual symptoms since then, but coping with it all, and my periods were still pretty regular - up until this month! Everything seems to have stepped up a gear - and my period is already 3 weeks late and counting! But I am feeling better than I have in a while, even though my bloods show that my oestrogen levels are now very very low. I was expecting it to be a slow, steady process, but it has just hit me with a real WHAM! My main problem is that I am feeling a slight sense of 'loss' just now, nothing really bad, but it's at the back of my mind, and I hadn't anticipated this at all! Has anyone else suffered these feelings at all? I always associated my period with a 'clearing out ' and I always felt 110% after a period until around mid-month, when I would start feeling pre-menstrual again, so that maybe why. But it is a weird feeling! xx
Wendie123

Postby minniepauz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:44 pm

Very common, Wendie...many women have written nearly the same post about their experiences. If you read some of the posts you will feel like you're looking in a mirror. :) Thanks for sharing your feelings with us and we'll see you around the forum!
minniepauz
Site Admin

nothing happening - then Bam!

Postby Wendie123 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:44 am

Thanks for that Dee, I will have a browse and read through some of the other posts. but it's good to know I'm not alone.xxxx
Wendie123

Postby berykute » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:08 am

I had regular periods up to Feb. of this year and then it just stopped!
I understand that feeling of loss. Our periods are part of our lives and it feels like something is missing.
What the heck now?
berykute
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:13 am

Berykute

I'd asked about the feeling of loss before and had various reports back. I did have the start of this experience for myself as 6 weeks had gone by (I'd gone a month w/o BCP on Dr.'s request to "see" how the quality of my period would go) and it was weird. Yeah, TOM has been difficult since my first (flooding even then on the new pink dress I'd just made, happened at school to boot!). But it's still like that crotchety old aunt that you really don't care for but miss nonetheless. [sigh] Especially odd sensation having been very steady in this regard the rest of my life. Can't really convey (discuss) this sensation with DH (or any other man) as they've never had something that been with them for 36 of their 48 yrs. It used to be "lets see what this month will bring" now it's "lets see what this week will bring". Oh well, hang in there!!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause