Am I Missing Something?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Am I Missing Something?

Postby scottie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:23 pm

Lately, I feel like I'm missing details of what people tell me; kind of like I'm not firing on all my cylinders. Later, I think, how did I miss that? Sometimes it just feels like menopause took some of my "smarts". Tell me I'm not alone. :?
scottie

Postby cin-d-rella » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:27 pm

Dear Scottie,
You are not, not, not alone. There are many of the cartoons that Dee has created that kind of help me laugh at myself. I tell my kids things that I have said 15 times, I hold my keys in one hand while seriously searching for them...it all started about 2 years ago when I 'lost' my credit card. It was so scarey to think I could all of a sudden have turned into a 'half-wit', but now I kind of like it.......it excuses a lot !!!!!!! Ha, ha. :lol: :lol:
I don't know if you have ever read the stories some of the ladies send in about their 'meno-moments', but you'll find solace and laughter there. I guess the best thing to do is not take yourself too seriously. It can be a really uneasy feeling at first though. Just go with the slow !!! 8) Hugs, Cin-d.
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby scottie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:20 pm

I laughed when I read about turning into a half wit. I'm hoping some of my "wit" will return one of these days. It's like having a hole in your head and your brain is slowly leaking out. I'm sure "this too shall pass". I appreciate the support. :D
scottie

Postby minniepauz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:57 am

Oh cin-d! I love that...."go with the slow"! hahahah.....I will have to use it on a shirt! :)

MENOPAUSE
Just Go with the Slow!

Scottie, here's the link to Minnie Moments :) http://www.minniepauz.com I'm working on putting them into a book, hopefully out before Christmas!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:05 am

Scottie

I have a friend that calls it "sometimers....some times I remember....some times I forget". I used to carry a clipboard around, calling it my portable memory, with a note attached to return it to me if I laid it down.... well I lost that somewhere along the way so now I make my "plan" and have it securely on my desk. I do lay down my tools all the time... find them in the strangest places.. I've learned to go back to the scene of the crime since we have a set type of schedule I can just about (mostly) remember where I've been (sometimes)....(if I'm lucky)..still looking for those scissors. My DH teased me saying "this menopause thing could be fun!!, as he's laughing at me trying to remember what I'm in the process of doing, I was able to turn the tables on him the other day when he forgot something LOL.
so you can see you're definately NOT alone!!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby cin-d-rella » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:55 am

Hi DEE,
I am glad to be of some humorous help !!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :wink: Cin-d.
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Thank goodness it's not only me

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:20 am

I seem to have gone from being a quick thinking, clear-headed razorsharp-witted woman to a blithering dunce in the space of a year. Frequently I cannot remember what I started or where I left things, get distracted so easily and can't remember where to pick up from. It really is like you say, like you're not firing on all cylinders and like my brain is a big Swiss cheese and all the knowledge has fallen into the holes!

I still have my very good days when I'm on top form and I feel that the 'old' gorgeousfluffpot is still there, but more and more I'm getting woolly headed and losing the plot! I find the idea of reading a book quite overhwhelming - all those words! - and now prefer short articles instead which fit my limited attention span. I'm slightly fuzzy about other people as well.

Is there an upside to all this? Probably, in that you can't or don't take notice of what people of you any more. This week I splashed out on some bright coloured and very loud clothes, much to the disdain of the (young) sales assistant who probably thinks I look like mutton dressed as lamb. Do I remember? Do I care? Not at all, I'll have forgotten all that as soon as I wear my bright pink raincoat (so fabulous!!!) in the street, I'll probably think all those shocked stares are gazes of starstruck admiration!!
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause