Is there a such thing as too young for Meno-Pause?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Is there a such thing as too young for Meno-Pause?

Postby noweapo1 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:50 am

:( I just turned 24 in January and all of a sudden my body, and everything just seemed to changed on me. I woke up one night completely wet. I soaked through three shirts that night, and had just figured it was due to the cold I had all ready gotten over a few days before. Until it happened again, and again; almost every night for the next few nights. I read the symptoms of what I think is called peri-menopause, and it seemed like I had every one of the symptoms except maybe two. I woke up tonight after another episode of heated sweats, and got straight on the net hoping to find an answer. I was wondering if early signs of meno-pause are common, or even possible at my age, and if so four questions come to mind... What do I do now??? Will it only get worse from here???? Do I have to start taking alot of vitamins and/or medication for this condition? And Is this leading up to, or can be solved by surgery? :(
Last edited by noweapo1 on Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noweapo1

Postby pamibe » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:18 pm

Well, you're pretty young, so if I were you the first thing I'd do [and I'm not an expert!] is go to the doctor. He/She can run blood panels and see what's going on. The body's got a plethora of inter-connected systems, and if something is happening in one, chances are the results will show up sooner or later in another.

I am NOT trying to scare you, because these days it's treated as not a big deal, but I was 24 when my periods stopped and I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor. I think only about one in a million people get those, but there could be other things making your body go wonky.

Bottom line, the doctor can tell you what's going on, and how to treat it. If it is menopause, come on back and read read read. :D

Dee's got some excellent source material here and on her website. And, of course, someone's always around here to talk to.... :wink:

Let us know what the doctor says!!

Pam
pamibe

Postby ~Amanda~ » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:02 pm

Have you had a hysterectomy?
I was 23 when I was put thru surguical meno-pause. I have to have a full hyst. at that time
~Amanda~
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:42 pm

I forgot to mention that you might want to visit http://www.earlymenopause.com for an answer to your question. There are so many reasons why you might be experiencing these problems at your age. Let us know what you find out, ok?
Zero

fellow night-sweater

Postby kevsweetie » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:41 pm

I, too, have been waking up freezing and sweating lately. My husband is thinking of putting a permanent pillow blockade b/t us so he can stay dry!
Hang in there--you are not alone!
L
kevsweetie

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause