Hot flushes AND sunburn!!!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Hot flushes AND sunburn!!!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:29 am

Ow, ouch, ouch!!! To those who are suffering from hot flushes and think it cannot get worse, believe me it can!
I hve just returned from a lovely holiday in the sun and slightly ... ok, not slight, VERY ... overdid the sunbathing on the last day and got slightly scorched. I have bathed in cold water, applied cooling lotions but my back is sore, sore, tingling sore.

And now I have just had a hot flush which, combined with the sunburn, was the weirdest agony!!!! Ow, ow, owowowowow , ouch!!!!! Oooh, Why didn't I remember to put on a T-shirt?

Anyway, ladies, hope this makes you laugh when you think of me flushing and burning at the same time!
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:58 am

Tha's gotta smart!!! If it were me I'd also be dreading the awful peeling stage....sorry....maybe I shouldn't have brough THAT up.....yet!!! HUgs!!! and hope you had a good time getting it at least. We used to say that you knew it was a good vacation if you were sunburnt, bugbit and bruised!!!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Bevy1958 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:01 pm

Oh fluffpot I feel for ya girl. Although I don't have a sunburn I am in the process of getting a tan so I Don't burn when I go to Cuba in March. I am still not over my cold yet either so today when I went to the salon for a tanning session (thought it might help me feel human again) I was running a fever. Got in the tanning bed and on comes a flash...thank goodness there is a fan for those who need it cause I sure did.

I hope that your holiday was a great one otherwise.
makin snow angels with just shorts and a T-shirt on...that cools me down!!!
Born 1958...been peri since about my late 30's
Bevy1958
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause