6 months and counting

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

6 months and counting

Postby Lori » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:32 pm

Today is 6 months of being period free, my last one was June 28th. Hoping to be free 6 months more :D

It has not been a pleasant journey. I am 45 and started peri about 8 years ago, made worse with a Lupron shot when I was 42. I evened out for a bit, but in the past two years have been in hot flash hell and all 35 + symptoms. I made a life style change to lose weight and am down 20 so far, eat healthier and exercise daily. I also took up running. I supplement with vitamins, black cohosh and soy and symptoms are still there.

I am looking forward for being one year period free and in menopause, no pregnancy worries, hope the symptoms lessen or go away, looking for a night of uninterupted sleep for the first time in 6 years, loo forward to going through a day without having to change clothes because I sweated through them and oh so much more.

I am one that wants to hang on to her youth, but have decided this next phase of my life will be wonderful!
Lori
On Fire!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Good for you, Lori!! Sounds like you are doing everything you can (mind, body and soul) to get through it all with your sanity and feeling like a human being again! Hang in there, Girlfriend! Only 6 more months...we hope! :) Great attitude for all that you've been through! Thanks for posting!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause