'Nesting' in reverse, preparing for ????

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

'Nesting' in reverse, preparing for ????

Postby itsgottabehormonesmary » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi. Has anyone else gone through the urge to completely change things in your house and get rid of old stuff ? I mean, new paint colors, decorations, clothing, personal items, etc? I feel like I am 'nesting' in reverse now. I can't stand some of my old furnishings, decorations, colors; you name it. I want it out of here.

I can remember the 'nesting' instinct when I was due to give birth to our son. It was so strong, that last-minute urge to clean, cook, bake.... Problem is now I don't want to cook or bake, I just want to get rid of stuff. Clean it out, get rid of it; I don't want to see this ever again in this house.

How about it ladies; did you go through this too? :?
"I'm still standing!!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!"
itsgottabehormonesmary
Warm Pauzer

Postby iluvtolaff » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:18 pm

I'm going through that--sort of. I just moved to an apartment and, all of a sudden I don't like the colors in my living room furniture even though they go well with everything. I went out and bought material and re-covered my chairs, ottoman, and tablecloth. I've also gone through my closet and got rid of many items that I use to love--but don't feel is "Me" anymore. Hmmm......Reverse nesting! Interesting!
Hot Flashes are a way of life!

My Paint Shop Page
iluvtolaff
One HOT Woman!

Postby CathyW » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:17 am

Oh thank goodness its not just me :lol: Furniture and things that were just fine a few months ago all of a sudden I hate LOL Out with the old and in with the new maybe? All I know is its time for a change!
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:09 am

I always think of this as a UNIVERSAL EQUIVALENT. When my home/car are cluttered my thinking seems "cluttered". When I clear things out I reclaim the calm. I've gone on "rampages" where I even went to the extent of texturing over paneling and getting a $200+ window covering for an itty bitty window just to lighten up a bedroom (NEEDED to light it up!!) Equaling more spritual light in my life. When I go thru things I'm pretty ruthless and give away alot DH keeps things forever!

HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby niftyfifty1 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:08 pm

Me Too!!!
I regularly clean out, so throw away is a daily thing for me. But it is the want for change. New colors, new furniture styles. I even bought myself a beautiful 'green' bath towel. I have never had nor wanted a 'green' towel before. We have had leather furniture, that is terribly worn. I bought 'myself' a simply wonderful fabric legged chair over rockers we always had. And a cozy green throw when it is chilly. I'm itching to go back to the furniture store and buy a new sofa. Oh and some new colors in clothing too. New food tastes for new meal ideas. I'm having fun!! :lol:
I think we are all just expanded our horizons. :D
niftyfifty1

Postby colopam » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:24 pm

Nifty
I found myself looking at new dishtowels!!!! For heavens sake!!! They're bright and cheery and just beautiful colors....gonna pick some up Thurs.
Growing up I always thought my favorite color was blue (typical), but when I look around I gind that I really choose greens over anything else and so I guess my favorite really is green!!

HUgs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby iluvtolaff » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:26 pm

Yes! I've changed color preferences, too! My bedroom has always been lilac and pinks with touches of blue. And I'm thinking of changing that soon to--???--I don't know yet. My living room has always been Hunter Green with browns and pale yellow. I just redid it in red and white with touches of black. My food preferences haven't changed yet, maybe that's next!--???
Hot Flashes are a way of life!

My Paint Shop Page
iluvtolaff
One HOT Woman!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:07 pm

oooooh I am in a constant state of spring clean, these days! I think it is something to do with feeling restless, unsettled ... definitely hormonal I think. So almost every day I am opening cupboards and pulling out the contents, throwing half away (which dear Mr. GorgeousFluffpot gathers up and stores somewhere else).
Actually that's half the problem. I prefer clean areas, a few ornaments out, clothes on rails in a cupboard, CDs in order in a neat stack, empty kitchen work surfaces. Mr. GorgeousFluffpot, on the other hand, likes all his clothes on a heap on the bedroom chair, all the CDS trailing in a line across the house, every single kitchen appliance we own has to be on the work surface and plugged in and don't even get me started on the state of the garage - his territory but a nightmare to me as I tentatively step between the detritus and tools on the floor.
I have slightly wandered off the subject here but enjoyed having a rant! Makes a change from me moaning at Mr. GorgeousFluffpot to pick up his clothes !
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:43 pm

Oh so Mr. GFP is the same as Mr. CP (Gorgeousfluffpot/Colopam) in their organizational methods, aka the pile it method!! a pile here a pile there...drives me nuts but it was worse when his daughter lived with us I was wearing myself out trying to keep order, I've MOSTLY gotten over it..allowing a little bit of piles until it gets to be too much then I sort and he gets concerned that we've missed something and on and on and on.....

I have gotten the bug of changing the flowers in some arrangements lately and I know that this is a phase too. I had some beautiful arrangements on either side of a mirror in my dining room that was perfect while I was in TN and now I felt the need to make them more tropical and they look GREAT!!!! I also bought myself a bouquet of Alstromaria (sp?) because they last so long and they also look wonderful
!!

HUgs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Zetti » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:28 pm

:idea:

OMG! Lightbulb goes on!

I keep moving! Seriously, I get a place, settle in and then decide i hate it, hate the neighborhood, etc.

I'm a real estate and mortgage broker so it ends up being ok financially but it makes me look completely deranged to other people and the utility companies.

Holy cow, I just came off a 3 wk megaperiod, does this mean the moving thing will continue for at least another year?

Actually I am getting my place ready to go on the market . . .

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:58 am

hahaha....just go with it, Zetti....you can do whatever you want, whatever feels right and you don't have to really answer to anyone (except US of course!) :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:02 am

This has gotten humorous!!! Really!! I'm just in that waking up phase and the arrangement in our bedroom will no longer do (kinda floral ), I mean that it can no longer be in the room at all!!! so as I'm stumbling in the dark so as not to wake DH I grab the container it's in and drag it out out out!!! Came home and painted the container Chinese red then kind of a wash of black (very oriental) and went to Val's (great prices and selections) and bought very tropical flowers and greenery placed it in the room and a great AHHHHH just occurred. DH came in later and just loved it. Goes similar with the ones in my dining room and of course I added some to a floor arrangement in there too (dining room is VERY Asian inspired and now looks like FL!). I had recently changed linens and drapery in my bedroom too! Got some high thread count sheets etc (sooo well worth it!) and now the drapes make it REALLY dark at night (has helped with my easy waking with light). My point being is that the colors were nothing like I would have chosen before... the linens are a nice creamy hot cocoa color and the large pillows are dark chocolate brown. The coverlet is light cream. The window coverings are chocolate brown and a light filmy hot chocolate. the lighter window covering is held by a bamboo rod with wicker balls hot glued to the ends. DH and I love the look. The flower arrangement had the birds of paradise and red and white calladiums, a couple of rods of bamboo and some beautiful greenery adding just the right pop of color. I love going int here now!!

HUgs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby panic central » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:49 am

hahaha....I don't know if this has anything to do with meno but I went one step further and I changed HUSDANDS..After 28 yrs of hell and the meno didn't help I made the choice to change something and yes the husband was the problem...I have a new man in my life(getting married May19th) and all the nasty feelings I was having are gone.I have be period free for almost 2 years now(the odd panic attack) and my life is totally wonderful.Girls there is an light at the end so hang in there.Without this site I would have lost my mind. :P Hugs to you all.
panic central
Hot Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:02 pm

Wow!! Great news! :) Maybe there's still hope that I will find someone even after being alone for so many years! I may have cooked my goose though by enjoying my aloneness so much! :roll:

Thanks so much for the update, panic! You'll have to find a new user name now!! :) A happier one! :cloud9:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:55 pm

Panic Central!!!!
May 19th will be my 6th wedding anniversary! Met DH about 8 yrs ago and had a Scottish themed wedding on a mountain top in Pigeon Forge TN. (DH wore a kilt and all!!). Tell me about your plans! I'd waited about 18 yrs following a nasty marriage and didn't eally go a'lookin' we just met and that was that. Moved to 2 different states with him and am soooo glad I did!
Hugs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Menopause