Pregnancy/Fertility Issues

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Pregnancy/Fertility Issues

Postby momofseven » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:45 am

Hi. New here (see my intro). I hadn't seen anything about late pregnancies. Just wondering how common that is...and how it plays into perimenopause. I have 7 children, the youngest is 5. I trust the Lord to bring me children as He sees fit, and I am happy with that. I just am wondering....how will all this play out?

I used to cycle 33-35 days. After several children (and I was very irregular for years) I finally settled on about 30 days. Now, I am steadily decreasing--as low as 21 days. Amazing thing for me!

Anyhow, I know things are happening. My "PMS" time has way more severe symptoms now, etc.

I am not closed to the idea of another child, and I am not closed to the idea of no more children. It's just a hard place to be....not knowing....and getting older....not wanting the possibility to be completely gone...and yet not really wanting to think of having a baby at my age! Trying to trust the Lord even in this life stage....

Any thoughts? (Other than that I am crazy for living this way, LOL?)
Mom of Seven
momofseven
Warm Pauzer

Rational thoughts

Postby Pixielf » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:56 pm

I can very much understand what you are saying. I have so been there lately.

I can't say I'm ambivalant but at the same time I can't say I'm not. Weird huh? I think what makes it harder to wrap your head around is that we are thrust into this state of flux. We don't really know what is going on , although we DO know the end destination.

How we arrive there and how the "trip" was is a process that changes daily. Being a wife & mother usually dictates that we thrive on structure, especially if you have a large family. Well, structure we DON'T have in dealing with this.

So it doesn't make it easy.

I wish I had more thoughtful and witty items to respond to you with, but I don't. I can, however empathize with you! I am SO there with you! (hugs)

Pixielf~
Pixielf

Postby minniepauz » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:11 am

None of us have been able to predict exactly what our experience with peri and eventually, menopause is going to look like or feel like. What I've found after 11 years of running this site is that the more knowledge we have (of possible symptoms and options for treatment), the easier it is to get through it. I'm not saying there's any way to make it totally a breeze :) but staying calm, knowing what to expect (generally) and having a good attitude will usually improve your experience.

About getting pregnant during this time.....if you definitely wouldn't want to have another baby, then definitely use birth control. If you're not sure one way or another, then look at it as "what is meant to be, will be".

I didn't personally find that much "structure" when I was younger and having kids. :shock: There was always something going on that required Mom to get under control, so I don't know that menopause seemed that much more "dysfunctional". hahahaha..... I guess this is where "acceptance" comes in. It seems much easier to accept that we are starting a new phase of life than to resist the inevitable.

I'm glad you're both here and enjoy reading your posts! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby momofseven » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:37 pm

Thanks. This week's issue isn't whether I'll become pregnant again but whether I'll survive my 3rd born's being a 15-year-old! :lol: :roll: :evil: Somehow it was easier with the older two....back when I was more "normal", whatever that was, ROFL!
Mom of Seven
momofseven
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:56 am

The main thing I think you're facing that many of us didn't have to deal with is having so many raging hormones in the house at once....including YOURS! :)

You know who I would look to? Dr. Phil....LOL I love his advice for raising teens and I'm always spouting "dr. philisms" to my kids about their kids.

His son Jay wrote a book that's more about teens so that might give you some insight to their point of view at 15. :) Then just hang in here with us and get all the support you need for everything else!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby minniepauz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:43 am

minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby momofseven » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:10 am

minniepauz wrote:The main thing I think you're facing that many of us didn't have to deal with is having so many raging hormones in the house at once....including YOURS! :)

Tell me about it. Did I mention that my girls are now 20, 15, 13, and 11? :shock: If I didn't live with it every day, I'd probably faint dead away just to read that, ROFL! And we seem to cycle together somewhat...just like women in prison as they say, LOL--so we have a few good weeks, and then we have a few really bad ones! My latest philosophy is just to call it like it is and speak openly and honestly about everything--how I feel emotionally and physically, how they seem to be doing, our reactions one to the other, etc. I do want to "do" this right, because they will go through this one day, too.
Mom of Seven
momofseven
Warm Pauzer

Postby momofseven » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:14 am

minniepauz wrote:Well, here you go.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770

Oh. My. Goodness.

Let's hope if I do turn up pregnant I at least *know* it, LOL!
Mom of Seven
momofseven
Warm Pauzer

Postby colopam » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:01 am

Momofseven
My mom told the story of being in labor with me (after 3 boys), she told the young doc that the baby was coming "NOW" and he told her "you're not evern close", when a seasoned nurse came up and checked and said "get her into delivery NOW" and "when a woman who's had 3 kids before tells you it's time...IT'S TIME!!", well I was delivered in an elevator by the nurse in very short time. I think the young doc may have gone into another field!! LOL!!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause