Just found this site THANK GOD-Going to smack my old OB-GYN

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Just found this site THANK GOD-Going to smack my old OB-GYN

Postby Pixielf » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:48 pm

Bear with me ladies. This is going to be a LONG POST.

I used to weigh well over 300 + lbs. and I woke up one day (on my b-day) about 3 years ago and decided that enough was enough. Suffice to say I now weigh less than HALF of what I did before. YEAH ME!!...

I have always dealt with PCOS. It is rampant in our family and even our DD has it (she is 21 now)... so wonky periods were the norm for me. Well, lost the weight, thought that the periods would straighten out. They did for a few months and then BLAMMO.

They stopped. Nada , zilch, zippity do dah NOTHING.

I wasn't feeling too keen. Truck it in to the PCP. She sends me to the OBgyn.. by then hadn't had a period in months. Libido is in the Marianas trench, weepy, cranky, feeling just all over pucky. Endo. biopsy done, mammo, the works. Nothing really out of kilter as he said, probably starting perio... yadda yadda... deal with it or I can give you Provera and you will have the mother of all periods that could last for weeks.

Yep, those were my options. Wonderful eh?

Fast forward. 1 + years. That is over 1 year of hell, just trying to deal with it. I can't deal with it any longer. I feel like crap, I just googled the symptoms of meno and by lord I have em' all. You could just post my pic up on a meno link and say "there she issssssss... Ms. Menopause......"...

2 days ago I got that dreaded achy feeling in my pelvic region. Wonder of all wonders I spotted just the tiniest amt. Not even enough to use a panty liner. It stopped. Unfortunately pain did not. Started again yesteday. Then stopped. I feel worse today.

Called in to work and trotted myself BACK down to the PCP. She has drawn a bunch of labs to check my FSH, etc. She said she will call results to me on Monday and I might need to have some replacement therapy. She has gotten me an appt. with ANOTHER OB (this one is a woman thank YOU!!!) and that is on Feb.13th (HAPPY VALENTINES DAY not!!!)...

She told me to be forewarned that she might want to go ahead and do a hysterectomy on me... and take my ovaries since they obviously haven't been working for a long time (as looking at past labs)....

What am I to do? I am so conflicted right now.. I am hurting right now, still staining a little, not really spotting.

I am just flumoxed as to why I am going through this. All the women in my family suffered through Meno in their mid fifties... I am just 45 and I have been dealing with this for the past 2 plus years!!! I am tired of feeling so badly....

What would you do?

Thanks for suffering through this long post....

Pixielf~*

aka Elizabeth

:?
Pixielf

Postby colopam » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:03 pm

Elizabeth

First of all WELCOME!! You're in the right place!! Lots of info and support and great humor!! Check out the different posts and you'll find alot of yourself in them!
Second WOW congrats on the weight loss, I lost 53#'s before having a myomectomy, have gained a bit back and am trying to get the energy etc. up to get back at it... we're eating right again and I'm cutting down my portions (I have to remember I don't need as much as 250# DH LOL!!)

What was the Dr.'s reasoning behind a hyst?? convenience?? Unless you want to go that route (nothing wrong with that choice) I wonder if he thinks it's just a disposable organ?? (I chose a myomectomy instead of a hyst due to fibroids even tho my Doc wanted to do a hyst). If there's a family history that would encourage it OR some medical problem OR if you chose to do a hyst then.......I mean it doesn't sound like flooding is a problem.

Anyway hope to "see" you around the boards. If you want to know about something specific the search function at the top of the page makes it easy OR just make a post!!!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Pixielf » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:13 pm

colopam wrote:Elizabeth

First of all WELCOME!! You're in the right place!! Lots of info and support and great humor!! Check out the different posts and you'll find alot of yourself in them!
Second WOW congrats on the weight loss, I lost 53#'s before having a myomectomy, have gained a bit back and am trying to get the energy etc. up to get back at it... we're eating right again and I'm cutting down my portions (I have to remember I don't need as much as 250# DH LOL!!)

What was the Dr.'s reasoning behind a hyst?? convenience?? Unless you want to go that route (nothing wrong with that choice) I wonder if he thinks it's just a disposable organ?? (I chose a myomectomy instead of a hyst due to fibroids even tho my Doc wanted to do a hyst). If there's a family history that would encourage it OR some medical problem OR if you chose to do a hyst then.......I mean it doesn't sound like flooding is a problem.

Anyway hope to "see" you around the boards. If you want to know about something specific the search function at the top of the page makes it easy OR just make a post!!!

Hugs Pam

Pam...

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't really have alot of background with medical need to have a hysterectomy...My dr. was more concerned about ovarian cancer with them staying in. My O's are not functioning at all and haven't for the longest time. I do have PCOS and have battled that my entire life so I don't know if that factors into their slant on my need.

Thanks RE: my weight loss. It hasn't been easy but I had to do it for me. I also had a complete knee replacement this past June... so my mobility issues are not near as bad as they were previously.

I just wish that I felt better. I am so bloated and blechy feeling that I just wish that I could have a period and get it over with. I feel that "heavy/achy" .... arrrghhhhhhh not to mention the water retention (I don't have any pulmonary or cardiac issues).... I feel like a water balloon!....

ok...where IS a pin when you need it right????

Thanks again for the welcome... now if I could just figure out what type of HRT might be the best for me. I have read and researched til I am blue in the face and I STILL DON'T HAVE AN IDEA!!!

(LOL)

elizabeth~
Pixielf

Postby colopam » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:04 am

Pixiefl

I think there could probably be alot of choices but I think my key would be to get a Dr. that I could communicate with and someone that's open to a variety of treatments since it's not really a one size fits all type of thing. It might take a few attempts to find thie fit and then you might have to tweak things every so often. It's just not fair :( , when it's over it should just be over and get on with our lives instead of having to deal with it forever (eek I have an aunt, not blood related, that is in her 70's and still gets the occasional hot flash!).

HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause