All natural supplements for memory loss? Any good?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

All natural supplements for memory loss? Any good?

Postby catkeo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:00 pm

Hi there,

Just a quick question, don't know if it has already been posted or not...

For this debilitating (at times) brain fog, and memory problems, do any of the 'all natural' herbal products help at all?

Ginseng or the ginko biloba stuff, (did I spell that right?)...I know they are 'popular', but do they work in the case of menopausal 'brain death'?

If anyone else has found anything out there that does work, I would really appreciate hearing about it!

Cheers,
Kelly :?
To have "courage, honesty, humour, acceptance and determination to live a healthy happy life with integrity"
* I've 'borrowed' this from someone else, but just thought is was so good, I just had to have it :)
catkeo

Postby minniepauz » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:15 am

Hi Cat...everyone has a different answer for that question...I guess it all depends on the person. I always felt like St. John's Wort helped with my depression, but news reports and lots of articles say no, it doesn't really work. I say even if it's a placebo effect, if I feel better, then it works! :)

Here's a section of this forum with lots of discussion and opinions about the topic of supplements: http://minniepauz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby edelweiss » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:11 pm

I have taken ginko for a long time. Although it seems like it's not doing much, I've stopped using it several times and have then noticed that I'm back to REAL foggy thinking again.

So, I just pop them along with a ton of other things that I'm hoping are doing some good...

:lol:
edelweiss
Combustible

Postby Boanergez » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:41 pm

Ladies,

This may be of help on this issue. My sweetheart, who is from Peru, and Asian, looks for all the world like she is 25 instead of 44. But she is starting to gain weight and starting to have the memory issues as well as about 27 items of the 35 items of the notorius indicators of peri. Much to her chagrin she is having real down time in her thoughts and behaviors and mostly thinking (very belicose at times and very discrouraged, even with my 'up' lie mood and humor).

She tried all sorts of things including the herbs and Gensing, Tofu Root, Ningeng Pulp, et al. Nothing really helped.

She then ask me, "do you look and act the way you do because of what you cook and eat." I told her that yes, it is very much that, and I am no health nut per se' but do not eat American fare, ever. Was influenced heavily as a child and young man by being in Asia and Mexico and thus eating their fare. I cook/eat Spanish and Asian and Mexican fare which includes huge amounts of peppers, fish, fruit, tortillas, raw vegetables, rice, and more fish and no oils other than olive oils. Real butter and no sugars. Oddly, this makes for a good mind and body, compared to American fare. She began to eat more and more my diet (like her Peruivan diet used to be when home there) and began to lose weight as well as feel much much better.

Soon, her memory issues and other side line issues began to subside a lot and she feels better, though she is still having the mood swings and violent temper swings as well. But she had not eaten American fare until she came to the states with her job and she noticed this change to the worse the more she eats our diet staples.

Don't know if this helps others, but it sure helps her.

So, here is a photo to connect to the words herein, this is a photo of me last summer after my birthday, turning age 54. My buddy and I were scuba diving along the Nachez River in western WA state. The Jeep is my only family other than my babe and her family.

Bless all you dear ladies, and be well, sweethearts........

Robert
Boanergez
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause