Please Help!!!!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Please Help!!!!

Postby HOTnana » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:52 am

I am 39 years old. I have 2 children 18 & 20. I do not a "normal" active sex life. I have always had normal period every 28 days. I have never taken birth control. During the past 8 months I have experiene wacky periods most of which are heavy and lasting two weeks and then starting again on the 28th day. I experience NASTY night sweats. Waking up wet from head to toe even between my legs (I'm not overweight) and hot flashes that (well, the best i can say is im 100% sure that they are HOT FLASHES) several times a day. I notice they are worse the week before I am to start. I also have bleeding gums, crawling skin, legs ache, and more than normal mood swings. (one minute crying and next ready to kill, etc...) I sometimes find myself lacking a sense of being. It as if my body is here and my mind is worlds away. It hard to concentrate. I intend to visit my Gyno soon but would love to hear 1st hand opinions. Peri? Crazy? Psycho? :shock:
HOTnana

Postby psexypsychic » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 am

I'm no expert, but it sounds totally like you've joined the ranks!

This is a great place- when I found it I felt relieved that I wasn't "the only one"!

Welcome.

I'm 37 right now and have been going through symptoms since I was 34. My docs denied me outright- without even testing me because they said I was "too young". Two years later and several more health problems tacked on because of the hormones/weight gain/etc, they said, "Wow, you're right, it IS perimenopause."

Good luck with your doctor visit. And you're not alone. :)

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:44 am

Don't worry, Hot....most of us have gone through those same questions, especially thinking we were going crazy! My periods stopped cold when I was 40 or 41 (I'm almost 59 now, so that's a lot of years without estrogen!), and back then, no one had a clue about peri-menopause and all that goes on before you actually hit menopause. I MUST have had something going on for a few years before, but I wasn't paying attention because I thought I was too young. :) Never did go to a doctor and ask about menopause or hormones until I was 50 and even then I had to suggest it to the doc. :( He prescribed them, but with everything I had read, I decided not to take them and the main reason was that I didn't want to start having periods again...hahahha....

Anyway, you're in a safe place here and can get lots of answers before you even get to your doctor, so you don't have to worry. And you won't have to settle for your doctor saying "you're too young..." We know better and we have a great doctor right here on the forum (Dr. Judy) who balances our need for a 2nd opinion! Welcome to Minnie Pauz!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:38 am

Welcome HotNana

Please check out the rest of the site as well as the rest of the posts, you'll find great ladies here with lots of experience and knowledge that will make you feel "not so alone" in this process. Check out the 35 symptoms http://www.minniepauz.com/35symptoms.html and print them out for your Dr. when you do make it to them.

Good Luck Girl hope to "see" you often

HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause