Breakthrough!!!!!!!!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Breakthrough!!!!!!!!

Postby Boanergez » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:39 am

Hello everyone,

This weekend was the best weekend in the last 3 months with my maiden. She finally, for the first time, after so much turmoil, anger, mood swings and 30 of the 35 items of 'Peri' finally admitted that she was in the midst of such and felt terrible for her behavior and what was happening to her.

She cried and was sweet to me and most kind and it was a beautiful time. While she was fully attentive and not angry, I explained that this onsetting event was normal, not bad, that it was the change and it was good and it had no bearing on my love and adoration for her and that she was still the most beautiful maiden in the whole world and that God was in is best mood when he built her for me, in all ways!

I assured her that there will be ups and downs and that this too was normal and that all the myriad of oddball things that were happening to her was just the normal course of life and that she would prevail and triumph over it. I informed her that she was not alone, nor was she thought less of nor would I ever compromise her through this time and that since I had gone through so much tragedy (loss of momma, daddy, wife and this maiden: http://www.behold-the-rage.com/resnik.html )

...that her being in this time of flux was no big deal at all and it is and can be a joyous time of patience and resolve in the ides of love. I also told her that I would be there for her, to the last breath........as I have with all that I have loved, and that have gone away downstream in memory.

I noted that when we had our many long talks this weekend, I heard myself quoting and repeating what I have read and learned here at this wonderful site from all you dear ladies and your lamentations, because so many of you dear ladies are very self effacing, honest, and descriptive of what you are going through and you all seem to word it so well that a man, like me, can understand and have empathy and learn from all of you and this site. I thank you so much!!!!!!

She also now wants the list of 35, and wants to visit here and study what is here and to feel, that no, she is not insane and not alone and not at some 'end of life' event. She also wants to see my posts and the interaction here. I hope she can follow through with this, without undo pressure on my part to do so.

As a refresher, I am 54, she is Asian-Peruvian (Latina), 43, no children and we are not married and we have been devoted to one another for 6 years. Neither of us have divorces in our past and I am her first true love.

My intro here at 'Mini' is here:
http://minniepauz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2648

And for you all, do not ever give up the zest for love and romance and self worth. Those in your life who love you, love you completely, always, and you will prevail, no matter how vexing this stage is. It is the mark of the glory of being a woman, being alive, and for most, bringing forth life, the most profound act in life a woman can do. So, know this! And it is simply a transition to the rest of the voyage.

Thank you all and the adventure in heart continues.........

Boanergez
Boanergez
Warm Pauzer

Postby colopam » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:02 am

That's wonderful!! Friends like the ones here make this journey easier.
HUgs to you and her!!!

Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:07 am

Very good news, Robert!! I hope she joins us sometime soon, although we have many members who just read and read and gather strength from relating to other experiences. We will certainly welcome her with open arms.

Just warn her to be prepared for the humorous side of things too....that's usually where I come in! :) I say things like.... Menopausal women are the Hottest! Or..... I'm hotter than I look! :) There's many more at the Minnie Pauz store! http://www.cafepress.com/minniepauzshop

Then what I tell all the men in my life (my sons, my ex's, neighbors, politicians and the garbage man)...... We women brought you into this life and we can take you out!!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:58 am

Dee

I so appreciate the humor as sometimes it would be just easy to "wallow"..I've shared alot from "Minnie" with friends and DH and all appreciate it.... makes life easier AND happier!!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause