Very interesting article...

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Very interesting article...

Postby minniepauz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:02 pm

This article is on insomnia and clearly points out that the group having the hardest time with it is US.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2007/03/06 ... 0168.shtml

It's just nice to finally see that someone is paying attention!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:37 am

Yep...I'm one of those!!!! I'm doing alot better right now (knock on wood!) after adding blackout curtains and covering the little red light on the phone , who'da thunk that the itty bitty light could make such a difference! After the scares with the sleeping aid that had people driving and eating in their sleep they scare me enough to not use them, tore up my Rx even before filling it!
HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby cin-d-rella » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:54 am

Hi Pam and others,
I am not sure what RX you are talking about but i take Zopiclone (gen:Imovane) periodically for insomnia and it does help...bit it is something one shouldn't take all the time as it seems to lose it;s effectiveness. Cin-d.

P.S....Has anyone ever had a mini-meltdown that lasted almost a whole day ??? Everything made me cry today. I woke up sad because I have had this recurring dream ever since John died (May/05) that he is divorcing me and i wake up feeling soooo alone and sad and abandoned. Most days I can shake it off, but today it really set the tone for the day....didn't want to talk to anyone but yet had commitments. Finally at 2 a.m. I took Clonazepam. My eyes, face, sinuses etc. hurt from my all day blubber-a-thon. Whoa is me.....C.
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby scottie » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:21 am

Ohhhh, yeah. As a matter of fact, yesterday was my day, too. :(
scottie

Postby cin-d-rella » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:25 am

Oh well Scottie, at least we all have each other to know we aren't crazy. i swear if there wasn't this board, I'd be in a rubber room somewhere. Cin-d.
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:15 pm

Cindy...I have a lot of those days and I've learned to just go with the flow, at least for the day. If it turns into 3 or 4 days (which can also happen since I have depression most of the time), I take some St. John's Wort (used to be on Zoloft) and play a computer game :) something mindless.... then I try to accomplish one thing...just one, whether it's a phone call or going to the grocery store. As long as I can say I did x today, then I feel better.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause