Cold sensitivity....itchiness!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Cold sensitivity....itchiness!

Postby momofseven » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:11 am

OK, would somebody out there in meno-land just tell me that I am not the only person on planet earth with this weirdness?

When I am in a chilly situation (like outside on a breezy 60-ish day), my exposed parts--lower legs, hands, ears--will begin to turn red and start itching like the dickens!!! Other body parts that are covered and comfy do not do this, although one time I actually had this happen on my rear and the backs of my thighs from sitting on a very cold park bench! I have had this happen in the produce section just from handling a lot of cold things--the rest of me is fine, and my hands take off itching like the devil!! I call it "hives" but really, there are no welts, and when that part of me moderates back to a normal temp, it all just goes away.

Very weird. :??:
Mom of Seven
momofseven
Warm Pauzer

Postby colopam » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:30 am

Well the cold does deplete the skin of moisture that can lead to itchiness. One of the reasons I love living down in God's waiting room and probably the ONLY reason I like the humidity down here is I barely even need to use a moisturizer. When I lived in CO (average humidity level 8%), but at least there my hairstyle would actually have a "style", down here the style can be great but thegumidity will wipe it out fairly quickly.

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby momofseven » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:54 am

Thanks for sharing. This isn't dry skin. It comes and goes like an allergic reaction and it always has to do with a temperature thing--feet chilled from walking on the concrete in the morning, that sort of thing. Then, a little later, all is well again.
Mom of Seven
momofseven
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause