Strange Discoloration?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Strange Discoloration?

Postby bebarber » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:59 pm

:oops:

This is embarrassing, but I have noticed that there is some discoloration of my labia. There are places where the pink color has changed to white! I don't know what to think....(I mean the "skin" is discolored)

Has anyone else noticed this problem? I haven't had a period in about a year and a half so I know I'm in menopause, but this is strange.
Barbara

"Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans."
bebarber

Hi Barbara....

Postby Zero » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:53 pm

I found this Q&A when I did a search for "labia discoloration". You can do that search too and find further information.

>I am a 37 yr. old caucasian. I am concerned about the discoloration of
>my Labia. It is a very dark color, almost black. I would like to know
>if I need to see a doctor about this or is it normal? Thank you.

Labial color is extremely variable and can range from a pale color to a pink color to a dark brown. In women who have a brownish coloration, the color will usually darken once the woman has been pregnant and will remain that darker color. As long as this is not a recent change and there is not a "spotty" appearance associated, it is probably normal. Next time you have a yearly exam, ask your gynecologist, but it is likely normal... Lynn
--
Lynn D. Montgomery, MD
Director, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Rocky Mountain Perinatal Center
Missoula, Montana

http://forums.obgyn.net/forums/womens-h ... /0254.html
Zero

Postby bebarber » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:16 pm

:) Thank you so much Dee for the quick response. It's just so strange. I noticed one place a while ago, but recently noticed another place where it looks like it's bleached!! haha I'll try the search and see what else comes up. Thanks again! By the way, I love this site. It really has helped me with all the info you provide.
Barbara

"Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans."
bebarber

Postby cmoc » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:02 am

As long as it is not itchy or sore, if it is, then you could have litchensclerosis, that is what happened to me, they have some cream that clears it up.

Chris
cmoc
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause