thought id stop by and whine some more.....

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

thought id stop by and whine some more.....

Postby parts2you » Sun May 13, 2007 8:40 pm

ok,first off...hi everyone!!! so its been a year and a half since my periods finally stopped. some things are better,some are well.....they just are.....go thru phases of hot flashes,and other things,but not as often as in the pre-stage.....but my latest thing now is wierd. and im not convinced i should go to a doc,as i really dont have any other symptoms to go with it. my upper arms have been aching,and i do mean just aching...for no reason at all. sometimes it feels like ive been weight training for hours and days on end.this has been for over a month. i was on that diuretic for my ear/headache problems,and i had read that they can cause muscle aches. so,reluctantly,i stopped to see what would happen with the achinesss,and prayed the headaches wouldnt start back up. so far,ive been lucky as far as the headaches.....but the achiness,though not as bad as it was,still comes and goes. sometimes it is really bad,others almost gone.today is not bad at all,but friday night it actually woke me out of sleep.and also seemed to be spreading down the arms. sat morning when i got up,i did have cold/flu like symptoms and people at my work have been sick. last night was fine with the help of one tylenol with codeine,and this morning i woke up feeling pretty good. what the hell???????? anyone else experiencing anything like this? i do remember awhile back,probably about a year ago,talking on here about my thighs aching,and feeling stiff----have not had that problem at all recently. its all sooooo confusing. oh yeah, hope u all had a wonderful MOTHER'S DAY!
parts2you
One HOT Woman!

Re: thought id stop by and whine some more.....

Postby hotpatootie » Sun May 13, 2007 11:37 pm

parts2you wrote:ok,first off...hi everyone!!! so its been a year and a half since my periods finally stopped. some things are better,some are well.....they just are.....go thru phases of hot flashes,and other things,but not as often as in the pre-stage.....but my latest thing now is wierd. and im not convinced i should go to a doc,as i really dont have any other symptoms to go with it. my upper arms have been aching,and i do mean just aching...for no reason at all. sometimes it feels like ive been weight training for hours and days on end.this has been for over a month. i was on that diuretic for my ear/headache problems,and i had read that they can cause muscle aches. so,reluctantly,i stopped to see what would happen with the achinesss,and prayed the headaches wouldnt start back up. so far,ive been lucky as far as the headaches.....but the achiness,though not as bad as it was,still comes and goes. sometimes it is really bad,others almost gone.today is not bad at all,but friday night it actually woke me out of sleep.and also seemed to be spreading down the arms. sat morning when i got up,i did have cold/flu like symptoms and people at my work have been sick. last night was fine with the help of one tylenol with codeine,and this morning i woke up feeling pretty good. what the hell???????? anyone else experiencing anything like this? i do remember awhile back,probably about a year ago,talking on here about my thighs aching,and feeling stiff----have not had that problem at all recently. its all sooooo confusing. oh yeah, hope u all had a wonderful MOTHER'S DAY!
Crikey, my upper arms ache and my left shoulder especially, I can't raise my arms over my head sometimes it hurts so bad, but it comes and goes, it is almost like a frozen shoulder, so I keep it moving no matter how much it hurts. I just figured my aches and pains are age related, I'll be 55 next month and have a physically active job.

It has been a year and a half almost since my last period as well, and my hot flashes are almost gone now, I just get warm sometimes, but the drippy sweats are long gone.

My biggest complaint now is a mysterious knee pain that wakes me up at night, if I sleep on my back it goes away, then I get a backache from sleeping on my back all night. E-gads.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby parts2you » Tue May 22, 2007 9:22 pm

well, as in my dr judy post,i ended up back on the diuretics because of the headaches/dizziness........i need some encouragement here,as i am at my wits end lately. cant find a doctor around here that is an m.d.,listens,and understands that you dont have insurance and cant have every test imaginable,and be in there givin them money every damn time u need a simple script refilled.
the aches are now tolerable,for now...only back on the diuretics for about a week,though..and i am still battling the constipation thing....but man, have i been gettin the hot flashes. the ones i got peri were nothin like this.........last night,i couldnt fall asleep,stay asleep,and kept waking up drenched in sweat. thus,this morning it was hard goin to work. i didnt think it was gonna be like this,this far after the last period. what a disappointment.
parts2you
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Wed May 23, 2007 6:04 am

Parts
I hate the sleepless nights probably worse than anything ...it's hard to work and the headaches associated with the tiredness make me weary in their own right...I mean how are we NOT to gain weight when being just so darn tired and unmotivated to work out or even eat right??? I know that I'm doing too much caffeine at the moment but sometimes it seems like it's the only thing that keeps me going!!! (yes, I'm cutting down as I know this only adds to the issues!! Darn..EVERYTHINGS being tken away!! LOL)

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby parts2you » Wed May 23, 2007 5:32 pm

i know....i feel like im in a freakin hamster wheel!! i dont have much weight to lose,only about ten lbs,but damn its hard to get motivated when u feel like crap. and when u feel that way,EVERYTHING annoys you more than normal.its those times i am hatin life,but then when i feel good, i just love it!!! i feel like most of my life has been taken up by feelin crappy for one reason or another......and i truly dont believe im a hypochondriac and.i have such a high pain tolerance that i have made things worse at times,or suffered way longer than i had to,because of that. after a pretty tough peri time,i was hoping that things were gonna get way better....and as ive said,they are,but yet arent. i guess maybe we expect too much,but damn i see other women not goin thru this,then im havin my pity party thing. then,ya find yourself wondering what u are SUPPOSED fo feel like at this age? are we demanding too much of ourselves,are we makin too much out of nothin,or are we really lazy and unmotivated,or do we have legitimate aches,pains and reasons to be not quite the energentic????????????????????? yeah i know,everyone tells me i think too much!!!
parts2you
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Wed May 23, 2007 7:18 pm

Yeh, my last cycle had me whupped!! Had a really rough day and one of my new bosses is a young lady (very capable) in her early 30's I told her to take notes as she'd be going thru it at some point too! My male boss just hid away!!! LOL!! better today but have made an appt. with my Dr. to REALLY delve into this and see what can be done. Or at least where I am!! I've just been soooo very tired lately...just wiped out! And had a week or two of the weepies that were just awful... aching all over and VERY headachy!! Had to dig out the Tea Tree oil again as I'm noticing a bit of breakouts happening. So obviously the hormones are having some sort of party at my expense but I'd like to get ahead or at least even!!! I just want some energy back!!

:coffee:

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby hotpatootie » Wed May 23, 2007 7:42 pm

Ah, a good stiff drink helps.

If it wasn't for my excessive drinking I couldn't survive :shock: :roll: who needs chocolate. :lol:

But I have cut down on caffine, now drinking half/caf.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause