Nipples sore

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Nipples sore

Postby chocolatelover » Wed May 23, 2007 7:07 pm

I have been going through menopause approx 5 years now and lately I have noticed that my nipples are very sensitive - to the point of hurting when I or my husband touches them. Is this normal? Or should I be going to see my doctor?
chocolatelover

Postby minniepauz » Wed May 23, 2007 9:20 pm

Did you ever take birth control pills? Notice that your nipples and breasts would hurt? It's the fluctuating hormones....there's just no set rules or times for all this to happen, but I can pretty much guarantee it's your hormones. Personally, I wouldn't go to the doc unless the pain was alarming or unbearable. I'm not sure what else can cause the problem...you might want to post to Dr. Judy about it.

Welcome to the board!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby chocolatelover » Wed May 23, 2007 10:36 pm

I did take birth control pills 22 years ago for about 1 year. That was the only time. The problem did not show up then. The only other time I had this problem was when I first got pregnant with my first child.
chocolatelover

Postby hotpatootie » Thu May 24, 2007 7:42 am

I had that happen several times during peri and it would always be right before I'd have a period, especially if I went 5 or 6 months without having one. I honestly thought I'd be the oldest woman to still be going through peri, I'd go many months, even 10 months once without a period and then have one. :roll:
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby chocolatelover » Thu May 24, 2007 9:09 pm

You are funny!!

I have had 2 periods in the last 5 months. Can't wait until I am totally finished.
chocolatelover

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause