Pelvic discomfort and low back discomfort

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Pelvic discomfort and low back discomfort

Postby ladydebubba » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:22 am

I need some suggestions. I am miserable. I am having pressure low in my pelvic area and on and off rectal pain and discomfort. I have not had a period since April 27th. I am also experiencing a stinging sensation in the pelvic area. Could this be contributing to my symptoms??? I feel swollen in both the pelvic area and rectal area. Is this generally how you feel when going through the change? I thought a person would feel better, not worse. I am also having soreness in the lower middle of my back and numbness. I am worried. Need some reassurance here. Thanks.
Lisa DOB:1960
Peri,
fibroids,
low grade cervical dysplasia (cryotherapy done Dec. 21st) (cured as of June 27th, 2009)
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:28 pm

How long has it been since you've had a check up? I know you can feel generally "blah" from a combination of meno symptoms, but it sounds like you might have something else going on. If I were you, I'd go have it checked out. Just take a list of the complaints you posted here so you don't forget to tell the doctor everything. :) Let us know what you find out!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby ladydebubba » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:42 pm

I had my yearly the end of January. I have some uterine fibroids and did have a bladder infection then. I feel like I have a hemorrhoid problem also. I'm tired of the pain on and off in my rectal area. :(
Peri,
fibroids,
low grade cervical dysplasia (cryotherapy done Dec. 21st) (cured as of June 27th, 2009)
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:40 pm

yeah, hon....just go get it checked out. no since in waiting and putting up with the pain. I'm going to imagine you feeling better!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby ladydebubba » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:05 pm

I may be sorry I went if I get told bad news. And that is what I fear. :cry:
Peri,
fibroids,
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:36 pm

Oh my goodness, Lisa!! If it IS something bad, it would be worse to ignore it! Please take a deep breath, call and make an appointment, and more than likely you will just clear the air so you don't have to worry anymore. Our minds usually make things worse than they really are. Are you just avoiding the inevitable? I know hemorroids are no fun, but once they're taken care of, it's such a relief. (my Mom had that surgery)

What are you really afraid of?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby ladydebubba » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:04 pm

Cancer of any kind. And with my ulcerative colitis I am at a slight risk of colon cancer. I have very low ability to tolerate pain, especially from tests. It hurt so bad when I had the endometrial biopsy and the vaginal ultrasound. I am a big wuss. But I am wondering what is causing the lack of my period and why I am having that slight stinging and burning again in the pelvic area. It is annoying. Am thinking I should call my gyno first about the lack of my period. I have read uterine fibroids can cause constipation and rectal pain though. And I have two fibroids. Kind of an elimination process.
Peri,
fibroids,
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:01 pm

Lisa!!
Call your Doc!! At least talk to the office nurse. it does no good to be afraid of what might be....it won't change what is and no matter what you need your mind put at ease...it might be something VERY simple! I had 2 VERY large fibroids (still have a bunch of smaller ones) and sometimes I did get abdominal pain and I've heard of back pain etc. because of their location and the pressure they can put on other body parts BUT it's best to get checked out!!

Let us know how things go 'k?
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby ladydebubba » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:43 pm

I have an appointment with my gynecologist this Friday at 2:00. I think I have a bladder infection also possibly. I am having the same stinging in my pelvic area I had back in December when I had the bladder infection.
Peri,
fibroids,
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:19 pm

Oh I HATE uti's....haven't had one in a long time (knock on wood) I'll keep you in my thoughts!!!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby ladydebubba » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:45 pm

colopam, I didn't care for the last one either. Especially when the doctor pressed down on my bladder and the stinging was intense. Very horrible.
Peri,
fibroids,
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby ladydebubba » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:41 pm

Went to the gyno today. Test for bladder infection showed negative as did testing for yeast infection. They did another pap smear after 6 months due to the fact that my pap smear back in January showed results of inflammation due to prolonged bleeding from uterine fibroids. She has written me a prescription for provera to make me start thinking that the delay in my period may be the cause of the stinging discomfort I am experiencing. And of course, she did a pelvic exam. I was asked if I only felt pressure or tenderness. I told her mostly pressure but there was some tenderness, so I am not so convinced that there isn't one trying to come about. If I do not have a bladder infection why am I experiencing the bad stinging in the pelvic area and on and off swelling on my back at my sides and the constant sensation of having to go to the bathroom frequently? :dontknow: I asked the pharmacist about provera and she told me no period will start until after I have taken the entire 10 pills, taking one a day, and she stated it would be another two days after that before I would start. Does anyone else know about this provera and if that is actually how it works? Thanks.
Peri,
fibroids,
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby faith@50 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:17 am

Lisa, have you heard of interstitial cystitis? It can mimic all the signs of a UTI but infection doesn't show up. More and more women and men are finding out they have it. Usually your urologist does a cystoscopy to diagnose it.
When I have a flare up I hurt everywhere from my belly down, it can also cause constipation and pain in the rectal area.

I'm not saying you have it, it could be your fibroids causing the pain too.
It ain't the age. It's the attitude.
faith@50
Combustible

Postby ladydebubba » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:09 pm

Unfortunately, I have heard of that. And it doesn't sound pleasant nor does the test to find it. I am not one that can tolerate pain and discomfort from tests too well. I hope that is not what is wrong, as there is no cure for that. But I am beginning to think so.
Peri,
fibroids,
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby faith@50 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:33 pm

I hope it's not IC also, it's not fun but sometimes it can be controlled with diet changes. I always know what I can and can't eat. One thing that really helped me was Prelief, you can buy it over the counter, it neutralizes acid, my doctor also suggested l'arginine which sometimes helps, neither would hurt to try.
I'm a wimp at tests too, luckily I had my cystoscopy with another surgery so I was out during it. I've since been told that my urologist puts everyone out when he does them now instead of just a local.

Either way I hope you feel better soon.
It ain't the age. It's the attitude.
faith@50
Combustible

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Menopause