Pelvic discomfort and low back discomfort

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Postby ladydebubba » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:59 pm

I am still feeling miserable. Alot of discomfort low in the pelvic region. Bloating feeling, some stinging, although it is better as I am using Prelief and it has lessened it some. But I have the issue of going to the bathroom too much. 10 times total since Monday. And boy is it causing me spasms and a tender rectal area. I cannot tell if any of the symptoms are from the provera side effects, period, or a bowel problem, or all three. Am seeing my gastro doctor tomorrow afternoon to get some relief from that end hopefully. This stuff is fraying my nerves badly. And then all I need is to be told I have some type of cancer involving the colon or rectum. That is what I fear I will hear tomorrow. Never mind that I had a clean sigmoidoscope back in January with only a small tear that I use suppositories for.
Lisa DOB:1960
Peri,
fibroids,
low grade cervical dysplasia (cryotherapy done Dec. 21st) (cured as of June 27th, 2009)
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:26 am

We'll be waiting to hear GOOD news! Keep your spirits up!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby faith@50 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:46 pm

I hope you get good news too, let us know how that goes.
It ain't the age. It's the attitude.
faith@50
Combustible

Postby ladydebubba » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:42 am

I have what is called proctalgia fugax and it is a severe, episodic rectal pain that usually occurs at night. The pain can last from a few seconds to as much as 30 minutes. They don't know the exact cause but it could be due to a spasm in the muscles around the rectum. A rectal exam was done and she hit right on the spot where I've been having the most pain. It felt like a sledgehammer hit me. That is the reason for the stinging in my pelvic area obviously. Warm baths, and massage of the muscles supporting the rectum are all that can be of some benefit other than taking things like ibuprofen. Constipation can contribute so plenty of fiber needs to be part of the diet. My doctor felt it is either a flare up from my proctitis or just really irritated from going to the bathroom so much, 11 times between Monday and Thursday morning is enough to make anyone sore. I felt it was too much fiber making me go so much on and off over several weeks. But either way, I need to get straightened out and will just have to deal with the attacks when they occur and take some tylenol for the pain, if it occurs at work that is all I can do. :(
Peri,
fibroids,
low grade cervical dysplasia (cryotherapy done Dec. 21st) (cured as of June 27th, 2009)
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:12 am

I'm sure it must be a relief to get some kind of explanation and a plan of treatment! I just hope you will get some control over the pain!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby faith@50 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:39 pm

At least you know what it is, that has to be a big relief!
I hope the Tylenol helps with the pain, that's the worst part of working with pain, not being able to take anything too strong.
Hope you feel better soon.
Faith
It ain't the age. It's the attitude.
faith@50
Combustible

Postby colopam » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:40 pm

One thing that is usually not mentioned to people about painkillers is that they can contribute to constipation (I used to tell my patients to drink extra water and be sure to get their fiber so as to make "going" easier! ALWAYS got a thanx afterwards!! LOL)

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby ladydebubba » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:35 pm

I luckily only went once yesterday and have not gone today. I ate bran flakes this morning and had some colon cleanse in 8 ounces of water tonight. And I drink plenty of water. That is all I drink. And I drink probably 16 ounces several times a day. I just hope that I will not have the problem of not being able to go now. But I just cannot figure out why the mid lower part of my back always seems to have bouts of swelling and feels very warm as if there is inflammation.
Peri,
fibroids,
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby Loopy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:43 pm

Lisa -

I have the same stinging sensation - usually for a few days every month. Sometimes lasts only a day or two, but can last much longer. Seems the longer my period, the more stinging I experience. I guess I just attributed it to tampons - in & out, in & out for days and days - it must cause some irritation. The stinging sometimes lasts for days after my period, too. I've seen several people complain of the same stinging sensation (mostly on Dr. Judy's forum), so I don't think it's that unusual. Though I must say that I'd been wondering how seriously I should be taking that particular symptom - I think because it's just plain annoying, so I think about it more than some of the other symptoms. Hope at least some of this makes sense!

Good luck!

Ellen
If you're not going to SNORT, why even laugh?
Loopy
Warm Pauzer

Postby ladydebubba » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:16 am

Loopy, that is annoying. Every symptom I am having is driving me crazy. I just walk around irritable all the time and that makes the symptoms worse. If I could just relax it would be nice.
Peri,
fibroids,
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Menopause