Provera

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Provera

Postby ladydebubba » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:06 pm

I am on Day 7 of the Provera my gyno has put me on to bring about my period. I had the one week straight of hot flashes and they have subsided. If I am actually going through menopause should I bother taking the rest of these pills to make me start??? Or should I just let things be. I am sure the 7 pills will do the trick eventually anyway without the other 3. Is it really such a big deal that I haven't had a period in two months. I have been having flushes and weird chills to the upper body for probably at least two years now, maybe 3. What does everyone think? If I am stopping do I really want to be taking something to keep me having my period?
Lisa DOB:1960
Peri,
fibroids,
low grade cervical dysplasia (cryotherapy done Dec. 21st) (cured as of June 27th, 2009)
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby faith@50 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:59 pm

I'm not too familiar with Provera, my doctor gave me a Depo-Provera injection a few years ago to try to stop ongoing bleeding.
I have a friend who takes a form of progesterone regularly every month to regulate her period and even out menopause symptoms even though she's in peri-menopause so I'm just guessing that's what your doctor is doing.
You may want to put this on Ask Judy's board so she can give you her opinion, I'm sure she can answer your questions.
It ain't the age. It's the attitude.
faith@50
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause