hot flash - migraine - Need your help!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

hot flash - migraine - Need your help!

Postby februarygirl » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:32 pm

Hi Ladies! Sorry I have been posting a lot of questions lately but I really need help....

Has anyone had a migraine and everytime you get a hot flash the pain in your head gets worse?

I started the bio-hormones for two days and had to stop. I had (have) a wicked headache now for 24 hours. My naturopath says that every once in awhile this happens to someone just starting out with hormones and she wants me to stop.

I keep getting lots of hot flashes and every time I do the pain in my head gets worse. I am so utterly, totally depressed. And my head is killing me.

Nancy
februarygirl
On Fire!

Maybe this will help...

Postby hotpatootie » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:42 am

I use to have Terrible headaches for years. I now take Evening Primrose Oil, 1 1300 mg softgel cap every morning. I posted this tip, but unfortunately on the Introduction site, so hope others will find it there. I've been on it for atleast 7 years, started to slack off on taking it and the headaches started returning, I've been menopausal for going on 3 years now. Been back on Primrose oil for a few months now and have not had a bad headache since. Hope this might help you and others.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby anonymous22 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:09 pm

Nancy,
sounds like your estradiol was too high or your progesterone too low. That is a recipe for a headache for me. When my estrogen would get too high I would get a headache that just wouldn't quit.

you might ask your doctor about adjusting the ratio to more progeseterone and less estrogen
anonymous22
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause